SD Card repeadedly becoming corrupt

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jrod2183, Jul 5, 2010.

1. jrod2183

jrod2183 New Member

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I'm currently running Sapphire 0.6.2, and quite a few times now when I've tried to make a backup just before making a change, I get a 'exited with status 31' error, which is pointing to a corrupt sd card. A format usually fixes this, but the risk is that if I ever run into something where I need to access the SD Card form recovery and can't then I won't be able to restore a previous backup. Possible defective SD card or maybe something else? Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks.
  2. justjosh

justjosh New Member

buy a new one. problem solved.
  3. leadhead

leadhead New Member

I had a similar issues, I kept messing around with the card until it stopped. I formatted it and took it out and put it back in. If I were you I would consider buying a new card though
  4. naman919

naman919 New Member

I keep having issues with the Droid not reading the SD card upon reboot. It's reading 9/10 times but i'm starting to think it's kernel related.

I got a replacement b/c I lost mine, and I had an issue where it wouldn't read the SD Card. They sent me a second one and I'm having the same issue.

I'm using two different SD cards b/c they sent me two new units with an SD card each. The second one has been reading the card until i put on CM 5.0.8 and AFTER i installed the p3 kernel for 1Ghz through Rom Manager.

I even went and installed the kernel manually through recovery. Rebooted and the SD card error was shown. Anyone else had this happen?

My old Droid had 5.0.8 and the same kernel running just fine. I can't figure out what in the world is going on. I can't imagine I got two brand new droids that BOTH are defective when reading SD cards.

*scratches brain*
  5. gozmon

gozmon New Member

I am having similar issues. Droid says the SD card is corrupted and the GUI will not mount the card over USB, but the BB toolkit usb script will mount the SD card and everything seems to be there. I can reformat and cvopy everything back, but it is getting tedious (it happens every few days). Does anyone iknow the comand to mount the SD card from the shell? I suspect the card is fine and the actual mount is the issue.
  6. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

I had a curious situation yesterday where my friend brought his wife's Droid over for me to root, and long story short, I found that SPRecovery did not like the memory card. I reformatted it via the phone and then SPR wrote a backup successfully, but the error would keep resurfacing. Error 31 trying to write, and also Error 20 trying to read. The card seems 100% fine from within Android, only SPRecovery seems to hate it. Once I finally realized this I just used a different card to get the rooting done then put hers back in.

Hers is a Sandisk card. I got a different brand with mine (forget what it is) and it never had problems.
  7. gozmon

gozmon New Member

Would you take a look at what brand the working SD card is, please? The SD card that is giving me trouble is a San Disk as well.
  8. Mikejl

Mikejl Member

I am running into this as well. It is happening with 2 different Sandisk SD Cards only in CW and SPRecovery. I figured it was the "Certified Same a New" replacement droid I received from Verizon that was the problem.

I'm having a hard time pointing finger the at the SD Cards.

Mike