1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

sd card question

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by Colorado, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Colorado

Colorado New Member

I should receive my maxx on monday. I plan on using mybackup pro to restore everything from my dx to my maxx. I have a 32gb sdcard in my dx. Question is can i just pop it in my maxx or should i save it to my pc then format it in the maxx then copy everthing over?
    Would this process restore everything (pics for contacts, etc. etc.) or is this unnecessary since mybackup pro should do this?
    As you can tell this is the first time that i am migrating data from one smartphone to another and i want to make the transition as painless as possible.
    TIA
  2. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

You should be able to just put your sd card into your maxx and have everything work fine and all most likely will but I always save my sd contents to my pc, format my sd card in the new phone, then copy the things that I want that were on the as card from the pc to the newly formatted sd card. I just feel it is a fresher start. If you go this route, when your copying files from your computer to the sd card in your Maxx, copy any file folders of apps that you plan on using, copy the backup pro folder and copy any pics that you used for contacts. When I did this for my maxx, my contact pics were intact.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  3. Colorado

Colorado New Member

Thanks for your help.
  4. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

You're welcome. Have fun with your new phone!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
Search tags for this page

how to put everything i should put on an sd card on my droid

how to put sd card in new droid maxx

using sd card droid razr maxx

where to put sd card drtoid maxx 2014