sd card question

Herndon

Reaction score
ok so i was looking around at buying a 16gb and found one regular ole 16gb sd memory card. then another came up talking about a class 2 micro sdhc flash memory card. so what the hell is the difference?

plasma510

Reaction score
The higher the class the faster the speed it copys/writes files.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok so i was looking around at buying a 16gb and found one regular ole 16gb sd memory card. then another came up talking about a class 2 micro sdhc flash memory card. so what the hell is the difference?

Is your current card 16gb? Im running factory 16gb and am happy, but i guess it really depends on your use. (do you plan on transferring large batches of music files everyday? if not, then the difference will only be in your wallet.)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i don't think you'd notice too much of a difference between classes on the Droid.

OP
H

Herndon

Reaction score
No mine right now is a 8gb. And the cost difference on Amazon is a few cents. So i figure ill go with the class 2 just for the hell of it.

Sent from my new fangled phone using something called and app

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
negligible differences in my opinion..
Depends on what the hardware can support. It's only as fast as the slowest link in the chain.

No mine right now is a 8gb. And the cost difference on Amazon is a few cents. So i figure ill go with the class 2 just for the hell of it.
I doubt the other card is less than a class 2. It's possible but class 2 currently seems to be the minimum, IIRC.

draxxis

Reaction score
What about running (and just normal loading at boot-up) of programs off of the SD card? If you have a class 6, will it be any faster?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
What about running (and just normal loading at boot-up) of programs off of the SD card? If you have a class 6, will it be any faster?

Class 6 will definitely be faster but dont buy a cheap offbrand because it will be more like a class 2 in actuality. Always read the reviews if u buy amazon.

tonydelite

Reaction score

The first one you mention - is it microSD or regular SD? Regular SD is a lot larger and won't physically fit in the slot.