1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SD card question(s)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by drumtrucker, Aug 3, 2010.

1. drumtrucker

drumtrucker New Member

on Droid.

just got 32gb card and did this:
    copied all files from 16 go PC, then copied to 32

put card in Droid and booted, it didn't see card, but apparently was just not in correctly, because when I reinserted and rebooted it saw card.

It says 29.71gb total space. Where is the other 2.3gb?

AND:
    While the PC was copying files to 32 card in card reader I put the 16 back in phone and moved the few apps I had on card back to phone. When 32 was ready I put back in phone and moved the apps to card.
    EVERY SINGLE ONE failed the first try, then succeeded on 2nd try. What the hey?
  2. wricks

wricks Premium Member Premium Member

Hate to ask the obvious, but did you format the 32Gb card before moving files?
  3. drumtrucker

drumtrucker New Member

well, not so obvious, or clear that it needed to be formatted or partitioned. I did neither. The PC could see the card fine and copied files to it fine.