Sd card/ phone

evo8chick

Reaction score
Ok it wont install any apps it says unable to install on phone /sd card. Why is it doing this and how do I fix it?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Check in Settings > Data >Data Delivery that all three listed items are checked and retry. U did not indicate whether you could get the apps downloaded and then had a problem with the actual installation.

If that does not fix 'er, please state the steps you take. et. Market > app to be downloaded > whether you actually get the download > if it indicates that it is installing after download and final result exactly.

OP
E

evo8chick

Reaction score
No it says it just can't install so it ttys to download and install but it just shows that messege

OP
E

evo8chick

Reaction score
Ok I go to the market place select the game like stupid zombies or paradises island, I click the button to download and press ok then it goes through the downloading process then when it says installing it goes for a sec then the message comes up can not install on sd/ or use storage

chrstdvd

Reaction score
OK, apps to sd card is out of my knowledge base. Apps are supposed to install to the phone memory. I know in the past that I have read where there is a way to install apps to the SD CARD but not all apps can work from the SD Card and if the app developer does not set it up to be installed to the SD Card then they will give that indication.

I have gone thru my phone's settings and can not find the APPS TO SD Card setting, even if there is one. I think I have seen it somewhere, but for the life of me I can not find it. Do you remember messing with it? If so, go back and un check it so apps will install on the phone.

OP
E

evo8chick

Reaction score
To be honest I don't member doing anything like that I have no idea how to undo it. how do I check and see if they are being installed on my phone

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Settings > Applications > Manage Applications There are four tabs there and one of them is ON SD CARD, I only have one app in there, the purple theme for my Dolphin browser, again designed by the developer to be there. The rest of my apps are on phone memory.

You might do a Google search "How to install apps to sd card" and see if you can reverse engineer Or better still Google the error message. I find Googling errors gets me more specific info than searching a forum.

Sorry I can not help you past this.

OP
E

evo8chick

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice

emdy62282

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem. I tried everything listed here and still wont work. I hope someone else will read this and help.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

emdy62282

Reaction score
Hey I just saw on another post someone was having the same problem. Unmount the sd card and then try. Then remount the card.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

ebidar

Reaction score
This is a quick fix but doesn't fix the issue. I say this because I have to do the unmount thing on every app I try to download. Any other ideas to get rid of this issue completely.