1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SD Card Not Recognized

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by senordeuce, Apr 24, 2011.

1. senordeuce

senordeuce New Member

Need some help. My SD card is consistently not available to apps. When I go into settings, it gives me the option to unmount the card. If I unmount and remount, the card will work for a minute, and then won't be recognized anymore. Considering nearly app uses the SD card for something, this makes the phone pretty much just a phone again, which is lame. Just upgraded from LGB 1.53 to 1.65 and I'm still seeing the same problem. Thanks for any advice you can provide.
  2. tee00max

tee00max New Member

This problem only happened when you switched to 1.65?
  3. tgambitg

tgambitg New Member

is it the stock card that came with your phone? have you tried removing the card, copying all the data off, formatting the card, and putting it back on and back in the phone? check the contacts on the card, make sure they aren't corroded...
  4. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 Beta Team

This happened to me a few weeks ago, all I did was turn phone off, remove battery and take SD card out and pop it back in. If that doesn't work then probably need to back it up on your computer and format as suggested above.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. papachach

papachach Member

This just happened to me when i flashed to 1.65. I backed up my sd and formatted it, all is working great now.
  6. Duhman

Duhman New Member

The best bet would be to follow the advice of most of the others and copy everything off and format the SD card and copy everything back. Which, depending on the amount of space you have used, could take a while.

I was about to do this, and dreading it since I had about 12 GB of music and movies, but found a thread on another forum (and I can't find it right now because I am not at home) that said to boot into recovery.. mount the USB storage to your PC via recovery .. then run a disk error check ( right click -> Properties ->Tools ) on the SD card from your PC and have it automatically fix the errors (This was on an XP pc.) I believe it mentioned on windows 7 that it would detect there was an issue w/ the card and prompt to fix it. Not sure though as I was on an old XP pc when I fixed mine. Anyways, after the error check finished.. i unmounted the usb storage in recovery.. and rebooted and it worked perfect again.

It may save time trying this.. but you can't go wrong doing the formatting.
  7. senordeuce

senordeuce New Member

Plan B

Tried the simple take it out and put it back in method. No luck there. I didn't see any corrosion so I'm hoping the card isn't totally borked. I'm gonna try copying and formatting now.
  8. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 Beta Team

That's why I chimed in, I always try the sipmle fixes before going into the drastic ones. Hope a format works for you.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  9. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

I got that message a few times over the last week or so. Rebooting the phone fixed it each time for me. It only started once I upgraded to LGB 1.65
  10. senordeuce

senordeuce New Member

Reformatted the card and no problems so far. Kind of a pain in the ass so I'm hoping the problem is gone for good. Thanks for the help.
Search tags for this page

android sd card not recognized

droid 4 not recognizing sd card
droid inc 4g flashed to pp storage card not recognized

droid sd card not recognized

droid will not recognize sd card

droid x sd card is not seen
droidx wont read sd card
my droid isn't recognizing sd card
my thunderbolt isn't recognizing the sd card
sd card not recognized in droid x2
sd card wont be recognized