sd card not detected by dmupdater

Discussion in 'Droid Mod' started by droid_tlc, Apr 5, 2010.

1. droid_tlc

droid_tlc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My friends droid is rooted and we are trying to unroot via dmupdater. The problem is dmupdater is not detecting the sd card. It says that it is unmounted but it's not. What is causing this and how do I fix it??

2. bentobox

bentobox New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just go and download this file
    name it update.zip and put it on the sd card. go into sprecovery and do install then allow update depriciated then install form sd

Very simple. Let me know if you have any troubles or questions

3. kbayer

kbayer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also, is it just dmupdater that's not seeing your sd card? Does your camera work, or does it say that there's no sd card?
    If the camera doesn't work either, try taking the sd card out and placing it back in. The slot that it goes in kinda sucks... however, if that still doesn't work, you may need to reformat your card.
    I removed the card from the phone (settings, sd card, unmount) and used a $4 adapter to insert it into my computer. I copied the stuff from the sd card into a file on my desktop. Then I clicked the reformat option. Took a while on my slow ass computer. Then I put everything back on the sd card, then slipped it back in the Droid...
    Worked fine!

4. bdawson21

bdawson21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I cant tell you the why, but dmupdater apparently wont see the card on 2.1 roms. i was trying to use it to unroot and go back to stock when i had to get a replacement phone from verizon. I happened to have the rom for DM 1.0 on my sd so i used spr to flash that, then dmupdater was able to do its things as before. hope this helps.