SD Card Mounted Read Only...... WT#@$#$#?

first time caller

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am sure if like other blog type arena's someone will set me straight :)

I am new to Droids so this may be somewhere else in this forum and I have just not seen it. My problem is this, my wife and I moved from Blackberry's to the new Droid Incredible Monday. I started getting a error on mine yesterday saying the SD Card was mounted read only.

Tried turning phone on and off. Not sure what else to do at this point since I have only had it two days. Prior to this error everything seemed to be working fine so not sure if I downloaded a app that jacked me up or if it is something else?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Is this trying to access it by the phone or through a computer?

The Incredible has options for you when you plug it into a computer, have it act as a disk to access the files.

Download a file manager, such as Astro, to access it through the phone.

OP
F

first time caller

Reaction score
It on my phone. It started after I downloaded Astro? I can see everything on the card when I open it. It will just not let me download certain things now.

Have not set up on my computer yet, plan on doing that this weekend when I have more time

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmm that's odd, wonder why it's in read only mode. This usually only happens when you mount it to a computer.

Unfortunately the only solution i know of is to format it. So if you have anything saved on the SD card, plug it into the computer and move the files over to the PC, then format the SD card on the phone, that should fix it.

OP
F

first time caller

Reaction score
Putting it on my computer and reformatting seems to have worked like a charm. Thanks for the suggestion!!!!

nyr900

Reaction score
what files would be lost if i reformat the sd card??? i am having same problem.... i was downloading pics from the internet onto my mac to put on my phonethen to use as the profile pics of people in my contact list. I must have unplugged it from my mac and it wasn't really ejected.... since then i have been getting this same problem..