SD Card messed up; help transfering files from Micro sd card over internet to PC

androidgry

Reaction score
Hi,

So my sd card is screwed up. Won't mount over usb, apps won't load from SD etc. Not sure what the issue is. However I can still access some files. I want to save those to my comp, but not being able to acce

What I've tried.

Tried to use an internal sd card reader and a micro to regular sd card adapter (which worked for the 2 gig card I have) but didn't work for this. didn't even appear as an external drive like the 2 gig card did. I believe I had mounted it before, and I'm having issues on the phone, so I'm thinking that it's not the reader.

While I'd love if there is a fix for that, my main concern is getting the files I can access over to my PC, which I think I need to do over the internet or lan. I've already loaded my images to picasa and downloaded them. However what I'd really like to move are:

1. My Titanium Backup files for my apps so I can save my apps on the SD (I had just backed up like a day before things were screwed up).
2. My nandroid backups
3. Folders of data... mp3s mostly, several gigs. would prefer to do these as a batch or to compress them into a single file.

I have a fairly good wifi router (d link dr 655), windows xp, and access to a macbook with os x 10.5 if that somehow makes it easier. I'd prefer to avoid buying anything, except a new SD card (which I'd be happy to get recommendations on).

Please help? I would seriously appreciate any advice as to apps to use to transfer files.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dropbox.

http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTc4MDM4ODg5

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Try reseating your sdcard and then retrying the usb mount. Otherwise, you can try to old Personal Portal app that was touted in the pre-release times as being the next Moto Phone Tools for the Droid. I tried it once or twice WAY back and can't remember what all it can do, but I do know it does it over WiFi.

Check my 'Droid Files' below and look for PersonalPortal.apk or PersonalPortal.exe (the latter just being a self-extracting archive of the former). Then using the usual method, install it to your phone and go from there. If you have trouble, post back and I'll get it on mine and then we can both learn.

good luck

Oh and :welcome: