SD card Kaput... Now what?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by vasha, May 16, 2010.

1. vasha

vasha New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Droid's sd card has gotten corrupt and I can't do anything to fix it. I tried reformatting and that doesn't help. So I ordered a new one. What do I do when I get this?

2. droider4life

droider4life Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You don't have to do anything special with the new card. Just put it in and run it..

3. DarwynZ

DarwynZ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Go to a VZW store, ask for a copy of your receipt for your droid... then call Sandisk... it is still under warrantee. They will replace it free of charge, all you will have to do it pay for the postage to mail them your old one... they have replaced mine already. No problem... this way you will always have a backup on hand since you already bought one.

4. markc23

markc23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine was twitchy as well, kept getting data corruption, several times. I formatted it and took it back to the Verizon store and they replaced it.

5. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    sd card

Not sure if you tried this or not. Put the card in a card reader then in a pc I use windows so i'd go to disk management and remove the partition and put it back. that will sometimes fix those cards. Seen it many times when working with friends pc's and digital cameras. It doesn't happen as much with sandisk but anything is worth a try once.

6. thatguychuck

thatguychuck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's good to know, my went TU a bit ago...hope I still have it.

I switched over to a PNY class 4, not near as much storage, but I had a noticeable difference with data transfer, nandroid backups, ect...

7. vasha

vasha New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried every way to fix it. It's not fixable.l I already ordered one. Oh well. Also what I meant was that I shouldn't be worried about having my nandroid and other important folders gone?

8. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    As a last ditch effort I'd recommend downloading and formatting your card with the official SDHC card format utility.

SD Formatter 2.0 for SD/SDHC - SD Association

Once installed and you run it, choose options -> Format type: Full (Erase On) and Format Size Adjustment: On

Hope this helps.

9. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Uh...unless you backed up your sdcard, if it's really fried, the data on it is gone. Sorry.

10. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can try data recovery apps on the sd card. The DROIDs came with a 1 year warranty. Getting a new card shouldn't be a big deal.

11. Zippster

Zippster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Whats the deal with this? Mine keeps doing the same thing, I format it ( done all different ways ) and it lasts for a little while then starts popping up the SD Corrupt crap again.

I have almost nothing on my card and never take it out. I have other SD cards for cameras etc that get tons written and deleted daily to them that are years old and still perfect........:icon_evil:

*I should note I am not running this rom or any rooted rom, just stock, so not blaming particular dev, just jumping in to what seems to be an issue beyond rooting.

#11 Zippster, May 17, 2010
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
Search tags for this page

why android cannot access usb