1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

sd card just died

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by texazranger09, Jan 8, 2011.

1. texazranger09

texazranger09 New Member

Yup...exactly what it says....I have lost everything...pictures from the last 3 years videos all of my music and wouldn't you know it my laptop hd died last week too...I'm about to go on a killing spree. My phone won't recognize that there's even a card in and neither will a computer....tell me there is something I can do please
  2. ManicMonday

ManicMonday New Member

A similar situation a year ago made me get biblical with my backups...good luck bub
  3. EddieVersatile

EddieVersatile New Member

have you tried taking the card, and putting it into an adapter, and using a card reader on your PC? i've had this issue before, and i don't know exactly how I recovered everything and fixed it, but I'm pretty sure all I did was take the card out, put it in a Built In Reader on my pc (you could use a USB card reader though) and everything showed up... Then i backed it all up, reformatted the card, and it was good to go :)...
    Hopefully something like this will work for you as well, but I cannot guarantee it.. It's just odd for me to hear about solid state storage devices just "dying" like that.. It's usually some sort of connection/reader issue..
  4. RedStarFire

RedStarFire New Member

There a ton of apps out there that allow you to recover from SD via google search. I cannot vouch for them as I've never tried any so, best of luck.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page

my sd card died on me

my sd card just died on me