1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SD Card Issues

Discussion in 'LG Spectrum' started by saluki17, Feb 16, 2012.

1. saluki17

saluki17 New Member

I want to like this phone, I really do, but I am having a serious issue with being able to access files from the SD card. I added a lot of music files the day I got the phone and after I disconnected from my PC, the phone said it was "scanning SD card for media files" and it wouldn't stop, and it would not allow me to access any of the files on the card. I let it run overnight, still no luck. The next day I reconnected to my PC and deleted all files, and this time added them inj blocks. After each block, I would disconnect from the computer and the phone would scan the files and then it would be OK. I did this in three or four blocks and was able to get all my music files on the phone and working.

That night, I shut down the phone and the next morning when I rebooted, the Scanning SD card media files started again and wouldn't stop. So it appears I won't be able to use the phone to listen to music, which is a significant thing for me as I prefer not to have to carry around more than one device. I was using an HTC Thunderbolt and was generally happy with it, and will go back to it if I have to. Has anyone else seen this problem?
  2. jet

jet New Member

No, but I only have 1.4 GB of music (about 350 songs). Have you tried a different card, like the one from the Thunderbolt?
  3. saluki17

saluki17 New Member

I might, but it doesn't seem like it would be the SD card.
  4. Ferve

Ferve New Member

sigh, as someone debating getting spectrum or rezound, this is just the news I didn't want to hear. whichever phone will be my 1st smartphone. my current phone is the LG ENV3, which pretty much has the same problem. It will often randomly tell me that there's no music or pictures on the SD Card. Rebooting the phone will solve this. But when I've heard that LG makes buggy smartphones, and this problem persists from my old phone, it's concerning.
  5. saluki17

saluki17 New Member

I figured out what the problem was. Software I use to convert music files inserted a file into the folders where the songs sit that I didn't realize was there. I went through and removed all of those files, and when I disconnected the phone from my PC, it scanned the files and briefly and then finished. Everything works fine now, so it wasn't an issue with the phone, it was user error.
  6. t35rk

t35rk New Member

That's how its going to be with the Spectrum. It is a mostly solid device with the best display on the market. LG's reputation though will mean little community support. This will result in the few bumps out there needing to be figured out by the individual owner. I think the Spectrum is a great device, but not one for the faint of heart.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  7. t35rk

t35rk New Member

Double post sorry.
Search tags for this page
how to access lg spectrum files

how to access sd card on lg spectrum

lg f6 scan media file
lg spectrum 2 scanning media files
lg spectrum keeps freezing and scanning media files
lg spectrum keeps saying no sd card
lg spectrum no sd card