Sd card issues

DatBoiRo

Reaction score
Ok, so I have a san disk 32gb c6 and a san disk 16gb c4 (purchased yesterday). Problem is that when I load data onto them the phone doesnt recognize the music, photos, or videos.
Odd thing is that I see them in astro, like a placeholder. I've troubleshot, placed my wifes card in mine and all the files show and play as they should. I've tried formatting from the phone... No go.I've also attempted to format from my mac (both) no go.
I just purchased a adapter to try it that way... Just incase this doesn't work anyone have any other ideas?
Sorry so long...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

DatBoiRo

Reaction score
Fixed the issue. Purchasing the USB Micro Adapter fixed the problem. Popped in the sd cards, used my disk utility to repair them (no formatting), inserted into the phone, both checked go to go. Now I have to find a way to use all of this 32gb card....

Jale

Reaction score
Fixed the issue. Purchasing the USB Micro Adapter fixed the problem. Popped in the sd cards, used my disk utility to repair them (no formatting), inserted into the phone, both checked go to go. Now I have to find a way to use all of this 32gb card....
Which disk utility did you use?

OP
D

DatBoiRo

Reaction score
Ok, I lied... It didn't fix the problem. The only thing that I can find different between my wifes sd card and the two of mine is that she has a class 2. I don't have any other ideas. Numerous attempts to add media to the cards and nothing is working... It only adds a few (maybe 15 of 50) albums to the library that are playable. It can't be the phone, I've swapped cards with my wife and her's plays fine in my phone. My sd card does the same thing in her phone.... so it has to be the class of the cards. idk :mad:

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Are you rooted? If so, boot into recovery and click format sd card. If not, put your card into your computer and try formatting it there.

OP
D

DatBoiRo

Reaction score
I've done that multiple times... I've spent a few hours browsing forums, and I think it has to do with a bug in 2.2.1. There's even a forum talking about it on Moto's website here's the link https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/37829?tstart=0. Any ideas on what I should flash to get to another firmware or something... I need my music and this isn't cutting it. It's like something within the system is corrupting the files and preventing them from being used... I go to astro and some of the folders are immediately emptied.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
2 days ago I turned on my screen and it said "SD Card unexpectidly removed". Couldn't read it or format it so I took it to Verizon and they switched it out.

OP
D

DatBoiRo

Reaction score
I tried flashing the maderstock.340.zip but I can't complete the install... gives me an "install aborted." Just wanted to see if me flashing a fresh new install would clear whatever bug is in the system. But, no luck. Oh well.

OP
D

DatBoiRo

Reaction score
I've found another sd card that I rcvd with my N1, 4gb Class 2... guess what?! It works, flawlessly. So that's 2 class two cards (16 & 4gb) that work properly, and 2 higher than class 2 cards (16 and 32gb) that don't. So what has my troubleshooting taught us?! OUR (me & my wife) dx's don't like any sd card with a class higher than 2.

That means I need to purchase another 32gb, does Vzw sell them in store? I know I can order them from the online store with free next day shipping. Not to be funny, but I want to buy it in store then return it tomorrow, as my phone should work with any sd card, no matter the class.

timrock

Reaction score
i have a 16gb c6 card that didnt work properly with my droid x. i also have a 32gb c2 card that works flawlessly. i purchased mines from Sandisk during black friday. Cost me about $60. not sure if any stores carry them for that low of a price.