sd card crash / wiped

OP
C

ch0sen0ne

Reaction score
i went to look at Motorola's Droid fourms to see if this problem has been reported and i found out that it has. And many are saying that there is a link between Slacker radio and their SD cards being wiped. I use Slacker frequently so i have uninstalled it and i hope to never have this happen again. You might want to do the same.
Do you have a link the the thread about slacker causing the problem? I listen to slacker too and it could make sense because if I recall right I was listening to slacker just before it happened both times.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
first off, everyone should be backing up their data. Just like any other storage device always back up. The first thing I learned in college was back everything up three times.

Secondly, has anyone tried any data recovery tools to get their things back at all? Just wondering.

OP
C

ch0sen0ne

Reaction score
I've never had a phone where I had to worry about backing up my sdcard every day in fear of losing all of my music and pictures.

I'm sure a data recovery tool would work but I didn't lose anything worth the hassle of trying. The only thing I don't like losing is pictures so I guess I will start uploading any pictures I don't want to lose immediately after taking it to photobucket or another picture site.

hotprowl

Reaction score
Same thing happened here. Next day after I got it. Went to look for a picture, and everything was gone.

DaHarder

Reaction score
Hmmm.

Lat night my DROID refused to read any media files from MixZing, and informed me that my microSDHC card was corrupt.

I powered down the device for about 30 minutes, said a little prayer, powered it back on, and - BAM!

All Good!

Admittedly, I'm still a bit apprehensive about the card's overall stability at this point.​

lisaashleyrafter

Reaction score
the SAME thing happened to me today. I went to listen to my music and it was GONE. Same with pics and vids.
And I DID install slacker radio yesterday so that might explain it.
The other 3rd party apps I have installed are:
handcent SMS
actioncomplete
androidfacebook
automatic task killer
documents to go
dumber and dumber soundboard
hero
hi aim
locale
my verizon
ringdroid
runstar
slacker radio
pandora
spare parts
the weather channel
wallpapers
weather widgets

Hopefully if everyone posts their third party apps they have installed at the time of the "wipe" we can find the perp.
Ive had the phone for about 2 weeks and I JUST installed slacker yesterday about 12 hours before this happened.

OP
C

ch0sen0ne

Reaction score
Like elias pointed out it seems slacker is the culprit. There are tons of bad reviews on the marketplace saying this too. I've removed slacker until tey can fix it. Ill settle with pandora for now but I loved slacker on my old bb and hope they fix this issue soon.

FSTTYMS

Reaction score
Slacker just put out an update... They didn't state what changes were made or what fixes they think are there... I d/l'ed it. I really like slacker thus far, and would be really bummed if it doesn't sort out its issues...

BizzyGeek

Reaction score
I went out to dinner last night with some friends that are moving out of the country, so I took a lot of pictures to commemorate the occasion. I ran Slacker this morning and a few hours later I notice that my custom ringtone and Dolphin gestures are mysteriously gone. I went to download the Slacker update , saw the angry comments and checked my music files and gallery, sure enough, wiped clean. I am livid. I can't even fathom how such a relatively large developer could allow an oversight of this magnitude.

tlind

Reaction score
I don't use Slacker and this is the 2nd time that my SD card has erased. I've made no recent changes to my phone. I am so frustrated. I love the Droid, but this could be a deal breaker for me.

10ACTony

Reaction score
I don't use Slacker and this is the 2nd time that my SD card has erased. I've made no recent changes to my phone. I am so frustrated. I love the Droid, but this could be a deal breaker for me.

Fear of losing everything is why I do regular backups of my entire SD card. :icon_ banana:

tlind

Reaction score
SD Issues

I also back up on a regular basis. That doesn't eliminate the fact that there is a serious flaw with the SD card reader on the Droid. Yesterday my phone was locked up for over an hour because of the SD issue.

I am going to try to upgrade to a better card, but I don't think that that should be necessary. If anyone has suggestions on a fix, I would sure love to hear it. Thanks! :)

bubblehead

Reaction score
SD card issues

I do not use slacker radio!!!!!! I had an issue and have been searching through threads about losing data on SD card. I had my SD card in my Verizon Motorola Droid (got the phone 2 weeks ago today) and the other day while my phone was mounted to my laptop I got a warning that the SD card had unrecognized format/data. I have since rebooted my phone, performed a complete factory restore, tried using the SD card in a card reader, used multiple data restore programs, and even tried to view contents in a Linux environment. I can't recover any data! I can't format the card, I can't do anything with the SD card. I have even tried multiple third party apps to format the card.

When I restart my computer or put the SD card in a reader in a computer it has never been in it will come up and if viewed using windows explorer, it will show the data on the card but if I try to manipulate the data in any way, even if I try to format from the command prompt or form another software app it will give an error and say the disk is unavailable.

Any ideas on how to even make the card usable again? Is the Droid corrupting the card? Did I just get a bad card?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
I just noticed a similar situation today - had all my photos and my wallpapers removed - why I don't know. Music is still there, and oddly enough some pics from last weekend are there, but none prior. I looked and all my documents are also still there. I can't backup right now, but I am going to do so when I get home from work.

Anyone know of a good "recovery tool" to try and see if I can recover any of those photos?! I'm really bummed and think I lost a ton of pics dating back to christmas! :(