1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SD card backup and recover

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by baboon619, Apr 30, 2011.

1. baboon619

baboon619 New Member

My SD card failed and was unable to recover it. Luckily I had made a complete backup of the card 2 days ago. After getting a new 16g class 10 card I formatted in PC with a sd card formatter then put the card in my Dx and did another format with the phone. After I hooked the Dx to the pc and transferred all the files back over. Restarted the phone and realized this was not as straightforward as I expected. Moved all apps from SD card back to phone and cleared all cache from each app. Restarted phone and most returned to normal. The ones I am still having issues with are ringtones, notifications, and pictures. Some ringtones/notifications are still listed but will not play until I redownload them. Gallery pics are mostly viewable but takes awhile for all the pics to show up and locks up viewer a lot but gets better and better the more I view the pics.

So in the future how would you guys recommend restoring a SD card?

Sent from my DROIDX
  2. MrAreCool

MrAreCool New Member

Interested in a response to this as well. My card is so full of various directories from all of the ROMs I have tried... I would like to start fresh start mostly to clean the clutter. I tried adding an empty .nomedia file to all the directories that I could find that contained images, but that seems to have messed up my gallery.

I would just like to start over, but the last time I had to format the card I had some unexpected things (like the Android Market "forgot" who I was and what apps I installed) happened that I would not like to repeat again!
  3. umpire.20

umpire.20 Member

I don't see any activity on this thread since May 2011. Has anyone got any more information on the "proper method" of backing up & restoring an SD card?
Search tags for this page

droid incredible 2 restore sd card