SD card backup and recover

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by baboon619, Apr 30, 2011.

1. baboon619

baboon619 New Member

My SD card failed and was unable to recover it. Luckily I had made a complete backup of the card 2 days ago. After getting a new 16g class 10 card I formatted in PC with a sd card formatter then put the card in my Dx and did another format with the phone. After I hooked the Dx to the pc and transferred all the files back over. Restarted the phone and realized this was not as straightforward as I expected. Moved all apps from SD card back to phone and cleared all cache from each app. Restarted phone and most returned to normal. The ones I am still having issues with are ringtones, notifications, and pictures. Some ringtones/notifications are still listed but will not play until I redownload them. Gallery pics are mostly viewable but takes awhile for all the pics to show up and locks up viewer a lot but gets better and better the more I view the pics.

So in the future how would you guys recommend restoring a SD card?

Sent from my DROIDX
  2. MrAreCool

MrAreCool New Member

Interested in a response to this as well. My card is so full of various directories from all of the ROMs I have tried... I would like to start fresh start mostly to clean the clutter. I tried adding an empty .nomedia file to all the directories that I could find that contained images, but that seems to have messed up my gallery.

I would just like to start over, but the last time I had to format the card I had some unexpected things (like the Android Market "forgot" who I was and what apps I installed) happened that I would not like to repeat again!
  3. umpire.20

umpire.20 Member

I don't see any activity on this thread since May 2011. Has anyone got any more information on the "proper method" of backing up & restoring an SD card?
Search tags for this page

droid incredible 2 restore sd card