SD card/application issue?

el-cid

Reaction score
So, is it likely that Motorola/Verizon will fix the issue of not being able to run applications that are installed on the SD card? I've been waiting since February for this phone but that one's a deal-breaker for me. I have so many applications on my OG Droid that I run off the SD card I'd have to lose a bunch of them if they'll only run off the phone memory. Between that and some of the other issues that have come up I'm leaning toward holding my upgrade until the HTC Vigor/Incredible HD and the Samsung/Nexus phones come out and deciding then.

Snow02

Reaction score
You won't need to run them off the sd card as you'll have sufficient storage on the phone for all your apps. Apps on the sd card is not the Idaho situation if you can help it. Unfortunately the og had such an abysmal amount of storage you didn't have a choice.

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Yes its likely. Something with this many people complaining about it will have to be dealt with. How is it a deal breaker for you? 3.5gb worth of space on the phone isn't enough for your apps? That's a crap ton of apps. Sure it would be nice to have the option to install to the SD card for extra space but 3.5Gb on internal memory should be MORE than enough to hold you over till its resolved.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
E

el-cid

Reaction score
I have about 8 GB of storage filled on my SD card right now and I'm out of storage space on my phone (I have a few MB left, it keeps telling me the phone's out of space), so 3.5 GB wouldn't get me that far. I have some applications "pre purchased" on Amazon waiting for a phone that will run them too. If a fix was in the works for sure I'd order the phone today.

Snow02

Reaction score
I have about 8 GB of storage filled on my SD card right now and I'm out of storage space on my phone (I have a few MB left, it keeps telling me the phone's out of space), so 3.5 GB wouldn't get me that far. I have some applications "pre purchased" on Amazon waiting for a phone that will run them too. If a fix was in the works for sure I'd order the phone today.

That's because you have things other than apps on it. It's almost impossible to currently have 3GB+ worth of apps. Trust me, it won't be an issue. The og only had 256MB of onboard storage.