SD Card and problems

Gremlin

Reaction score
SD Card:
I have 2 choices..

1) Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 32 GB microSDHC Class 6 Memory Card 30MB/s with Adapter SDSDQY-032G-U46A: Computers & Accessories

2) Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC C10/UHS1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-032G-AFFP-A): Electronics

I am assuming the first one would be a good choice..

As for the problem, I can't get the air gesture nor smart stay to work. But the smart scroll works fine.. In the gestures section of the settings, tutorial worked once and now it does not do it properly as it used to .. Any ideas? Factory reset will help??

Thank you for your help

jseah

Reaction score
The first one is a class 6, the second is a class 10. The class 10 would be better since it has faster data transfer rates, although the class 6 would be cheaper. In my opinion, a class 10 would be overkill as you really don't need that fast a card. My guess is that the faster card data transfer rates would be better if you were using card-intensive tasks like taking video or if you were playing some graphics-intensive games where a lot of the data files were maintained on the memory card rather than the phone memory. However, in my experience with the Note 2, I used a 32 GB class 4 card and have noticed no lag or slowdown when using the system. My daughter has a 64 GB class 10 Samsung card in her S4 and she doesn't have any issues with it (although she has only had it for a little over a week).

Also, when the Note 2 came out, there were a lot of people on the Note 2 sister forum that reported their Sandisk 64 GB class 10 cards were failing in the Note 2 (couldn't be read, etc.). I don't think anyone really narrowed it down to whether it was an issue with bad cards or whether it was the the phone's fault damaging the card. While most of the reports were regarding the 64 GB class 10, some have also reported issues with the 32 GB class 10. I haven't seen any similar reports with the S4 yet though.

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
Class 6 is $27.91 and the class 10 is $21.49...

Well 64 gigs sdcard is some what new correct me if I am wrong.. I was going to something cheap..I will go for the Class 10 for $21 Thank you for the advice...

jseah

Reaction score
I think it is because the class 6 is somewhat rare compared to the class 10 or class 4. FWIW, the 64 GB is just slightly higher in price than 2 32 GB cards (the Sandisks run around $50), because they have been out for a while. Now, the 128 GB cards, they are newer and are still much higher than the price of 2 64 GB cards.