SD Card and Memory Help

OP
GeckoDroid

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
I just used my computer added it to the downloads folder on my sd card and renamed it on astro

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
They need to be right at the root of the SD card. You can download them directly via the phone and do the Astro thing like you did with the update.zip you used to fix SPRecovery in memory, or you can mount as USB mass storage either from the OS or in SPRecovery. :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, that works, just make sure they're on the root of the SD card or SPRecovery can't find them. If you're using clockwork, just remember where they are. Sorry for the lag, I have a few other threads I'm working on. :)

OP
GeckoDroid

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
ah sugar i think i messed up.....i cant get to where i placed the update file through this recovery can i??

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Well, if you must... Open ROM Manager and then corrupt your poor Droid by flashing Clockwork at the top. :(

Actually there's nothing wrong with CW, but I have worked too many threads where the combination of it and ROM Manager has somehow screwed up their phone. :)

But yeah, go right ahead and open ROM Manager and flash CW at the top then install them from recovery. :)

OP
GeckoDroid

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
i added it to the download folder in my sd card so i could easily find it and now i went through all this and wiped twice and i cant figure this out now i am a bit confused

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, go to mount options and enable USB Mass storage mode, rename from the computer, then move to the root of the SD card, disable USB mode, then install.

OP
GeckoDroid

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
....ok well now i am lost.......now i have a rom, renamed update.zip in a folder named download...in my sd card.....i am in recovery and have no way to open that file do i?