Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, so you flashed alternate recovery, battery pulled, booted into recovery to install the update.zip but it was stock recovery. That happens. Reboot, reflash alternate recovery (do it twice or three times), and then try again.

By the way, those instructions were from a pre-release version of a project that the FRG83D update made impossible, so my apologies at the errors in step 8.5.

OP
GeckoDroid

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
After following steps 1-13 I am now booted up and back looking at the phone normally, whats next :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Well, you have your choice. How comfortable is your lady friend with the stock feel? Would she like to go with something totally different? You tell me and I'll narrow it down; or you can call a code blue-green and I'll just head right for CyanogenMod 6.1.2.

Very stock-like feel and ungodly amounts of features and tricks. And if you want a rotary lockscreen I can point you at the latest nightly. Just as stable as 6.1.2 but with an updated market build and rotary lockscreen (you may need to turn it on).

OP
GeckoDroid

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
she wants a way to change her notification bar to black cause shes sick of the white look....she wants a battery percent in her notification bar instead of a picture of a battery she wants more of a battery look, she wants something faster and smoother and she would love to get her rotary lock screen back before they made it this ugly left to right unlock..she likes her quick launch icons from launcher pro and how she can make them small and all the same color, and that she can squeeze the icons in the app draw to see more and conserve space

OP
GeckoDroid

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
...yeah she thought about this and actually wrote me a list on a piece of paper

OP
GeckoDroid

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
So if you know of one that has at least most of those your amazing and she is going to have a great night

OP
GeckoDroid

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
oh she also wants a new gallery, she wants a gallery like the incredible where it shows the folders and also gives u an option to click all photos, because the gallery she has stock she things is ridiculously slow and unnecessary

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay. Download this, rename update.zip, place on root of SD card, reboot into recovery, do a factory reset 2x, allow update.zip install, install update.zip, reboot. Wait. It may take a few minutes. If you want a "return to rooted stock" option, make a Nandroid backup from the backup menu before wiping and installing the ROM.

http://mirror.teamdouche.net/get/sholes/cm_sholes_full-226.zip

Now you'll need to install the Google apps. Download this, rename update.zip, place on root of SD card, reboot into recovery, allow update.zip install, install update.zip, reboot.

http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip

You should now have a fully-functional device. I haven't moved up to this version of the ROM yet; I'm still on 6.1.2 stable, so she'll have a newer version of the ROM than I do. :)

If you want a black notification bar without flashing a full-on theme I can talk you through that too, but let's get the ROM on there first. :D