sd card again

sdblouch

Reaction score
I have looked at other posts but they haven't helped me. I previously had a Blackberry Tour. When tethered to the computer the sd card was available to use as any other folder or directory. With the Droid it is shown as Drive F but can't seem to use it to drag and drop or anything else fro that matter. If I right click it and look at properties it says it has zero bytes and is all filled up? If I left click it, it asks me to but a disk in the drive. I bought my Droid privately and it had some info on the sd card. I thought that might be the problem so I formated it. Didn't change anything. Help!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you plug it in, the phone should provide a pulldown notification asking you if you want to mount the SD card. You need to mount it in order to access it from a PC as a flash drive.

OP
S

sdblouch

Reaction score
Thanks LtKen

Yes, I had looked at the SD Card under Settings and it said it was mounted, but as you said it also had to be mounted in notifications after usb tethering. I did not get a pop-up message though, I had to open notifications and then open usb connection. Minor details though as all is well thanks to you.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not a pop up. It's a notification in the notification bar.