S'cuse me while I bang my head on my desk....

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have but the fact that the extended battery makes it look like it has a tumor on its back and its not Vanilla Android it really turned me off to it. Truth is when my nexus works, I think personally, it smokes most if not all the other phones out there. Also my buddy had an incredible took awesome care of it dropped it one an it shattered an I've heard of HTC phones being fragile. I really like my nexus but I'm sure the HTC resound is no slouch, just prefer the nexus. That's for your input though if it comes down to me getting a diff phone I might really reconsider the rezound.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I have owned the Incredible since it first came out and never had any issues with it, dropped it a few times and phone still works and looks like new, matter of fact I passed it on to my bro after I got my Rezound, and he loves it, now in regards to the Rezound and the extended battery, I personally feel it masks the phone easier to hold, yes its a bit bulky, but I am a man not a female and could care less, plus the extended battery case receses the camera lens for more protection, and HTC sense is just so easy and user friendly, I have tried Moto phones and their U I seems all over the place, and vanilla I C S is nice but stale, plus Samsung phones look and feel cheap. In regards to I C S Rezound will be getting it soon, but its not something I am losing sleep over, all I know is watching movies on this high resolution screen is sweet, and everything works like its supposed to, no dropped calls and 4G reception is solid.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I have owned the Incredible since it first came out and never had any issues with it, dropped it a few times and phone still works and looks like new, matter of fact I passed it on to my bro after I got my Rezound, and he loves it, now in regards to the Rezound and the extended battery, I personally feel it masks the phone easier to hold, yes its a bit bulky, but I am a man not a female and could care less, plus the extended battery case receses the camera lens for more protection, and HTC sense is just so easy and user friendly, I have tried Moto phones and their U I seems all over the place, and vanilla I C S is nice but stale, plus Samsung phones look and feel cheap. In regards to I C S Rezound will be getting it soon, but its not something I am losing sleep over, all I know is watching movies on this high resolution screen is sweet, and everything works like its supposed to, no dropped calls and 4G reception is solid.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

I've owned HTC and Motorola Android phones; the Nexus is my first Samsung phone. HTC makes some nice stuff and Sense is nice but I am really enjoying having a stock Android experience again (last time was my G1). As far a build quality I would say the Galaxy Nexus is easily on par with the HTC phones I had on T-Mobile (G1, Mytouch Slide, and Mytouch 4G). I actually find that I prefer a case on the Nexus because it makes it easier to hold (its so thin without it, it slips in my big ol hands). Hardware wise I'm very happy with the Nexus too. The screen is beautiful, the camera took a bit to get used to but it takes some awesome pics. My only complaint is a few random boots and battery life (though I've hated the battery life of all my Android phones). Hopefully 4.0.5 addresses all the issues.

I've heard the Rezound is a great phone though as well as the Incredible 2. I've looked at the Bionic too and its very nice looking. I just wanted to get away from MFG skins as they tend to make the phone sluggish (my X2 was laggy, and I noticed lag on the HTC phones with Sense).

All phones have issues, you just have to pick one that you can live with.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Well here we go. Today I got my 4th clnd from Verizon today. I already sent the other one back an sitting in fedexs parking lot I fired up the new one. I drove away happy as could be to a local coffee shop, sat down, an decided to set my phone up. Now the three phones prior to this I had a random rebooting issue( if you've been following this you can tell that) so on this one the rep asked me to not load my Gmail for 24 hours to see if it could be something attached to my Gmail that was doing it. I agreed so I clicked the not now option on the phone an went to the home screens. Everything seemed OK then I opened my browser...I loaded up a few different pages at a time an then suddenly my data dropped....my heart sank...it restarted an I loaded up a page ...then bam....dropped again. Furious I called Verizon. On the phone for 1 minute an the call drops....I call again same thing....I call my buddies phone...SAME THING.

Annoyed as any person would be I switched my phone over to cdma only....man it seems to be pulling a good signal an data isn't dropping I quickly call Verizon lady tells me since I'm calling from my phone she can't help. I tell her I understand but then she tells me to call *228 on my phone. I do after we talk an it keeps saying call not made...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well that tells you how much she knows... *228 is the activation # for 3G only phones. Calling *228 on a LTE phone with a SIM is useless, and has even been known to mess things up (rumored anyway).

I don't care what anybody there or at Verizon tells you, if you've gone through that many Bionics and Nexuses with the same problems, you must be in a bad area... If you're bound and determined to have an LTE phone, I would try one of the phones known to have better LTE signal strength (Rezound / Razr / Razr Maxx) or forget LTE altogether until it's improved around there. If you're stuck with Verizon, go back to a 3G phone and enjoy some rock solid consistency and reliability again, albeit at a slower pace.

I hate to say it, but I don't think you have another choice, except leaving Verizon to get on something like Sprint's WiMax, T-Mobile's HSPA+, or AT&T's HSPA+, which aren't bad, but aren't LTE - but still faster than regular 3G.

Cripton805

Reaction score
Well here we go. Today I got my 4th clnd from Verizon today. I already sent the other one back an sitting in fedexs parking lot I fired up the new one. I drove away happy as could be to a local coffee shop, sat down, an decided to set my phone up. Now the three phones prior to this I had a random rebooting issue( if you've been following this you can tell that) so on this one the rep asked me to not load my Gmail for 24 hours to see if it could be something attached to my Gmail that was doing it. I agreed so I clicked the not now option on the phone an went to the home screens. Everything seemed OK then I opened my browser...I loaded up a few different pages at a time an then suddenly my data dropped....my heart sank...it restarted an I loaded up a page ...then bam....dropped again. Furious I called Verizon. On the phone for 1 minute an the call drops....I call again same thing....I call my buddies phone...SAME THING.

Annoyed as any person would be I switched my phone over to cdma only....man it seems to be pulling a good signal an data isn't dropping I quickly call Verizon lady tells me since I'm calling from my phone she can't help. I tell her I understand but then she tells me to call *228 on my phone. I do after we talk an it keeps saying call not made...

Phones just hate you.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Maybe just leave it on 3G and hope the signal in your area gets sured up soon.

Exactly what I was thinking. With that many phones it seems like hardware isn't the sole cause. Set your phone to 3G only for a while and try bouncing back into 4G in different areas. After we get the SW update to 4.0.5 the 3G/4G handoff should be good.

I occasionally have data drops, but it doesn't stop me from calling. I generally have to put my phone in airplane mode then back in order to get it resolved.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
well good news. My newest phone came two days ago an guys......No Problems! It seems to be firing along perfectly! 4g all day an my battery even seems to be lasting longer! . Oh an btw they sent a sticker along with the device...has anyone else got one of these?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333568194432.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333568194432.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 252

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
well good news. My newest phone came two days ago an guys......No Problems! It seems to be firing along perfectly! 4g all day an my battery even seems to be lasting longer! . Oh an btw they sent a sticker along with the device...has anyone else got one of these?

I've never seen one of those, it's almost like they wanted to say "hey this device meets our standards, seriously!". Hopefully you're not posting on here in a few days with similar problems again. :)

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

Congrats man! Way to keep at it! This phone is worth the effort imo and I woulda done the same.

WookieClaws

Reaction score

Congrats, enjoy your phone! With battery life being better is it still on 4.0.2? Just wondering if it came with the ota already loaded. I've heard of replacement phones being sent out with and update loaded just before a roll out.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
That's guys an no I'm still on 4.0.2 and I got about 4 an half hours of screen on time with pretty heavy usage still had 20% left