S'cuse me while I bang my head on my desk....

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
So here we go....after going through 4 Bionic's , getting terrible treatment from Verizon, having my money in hand ready to cancel my whole family plan because of the treatment I was receiving. Then I end up getting a Nexus from them for free which made me feel like finally good times with Verizon were on the horizon..... my phone starts rebooting by itself an freezing up...... v.v .... I've done two resets an it still does it.....almost ready to go back to a flip phone x.x

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Man you got all the luck don't you? Hope you don't have to go through the same ordeal for a working Nexus now.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Could be apps that are causing the problems. Lots are still not updated for 4.0, they seem to work fine at first but can cause issues like you are having. I've had trouble with games and wallpaper apps.

billyk

Reaction score
What tgyberg said.

Just like you, I had a frustrating experience with the Bionic, argued with VZW long/hard, and they agreed to give me a gnex. I unfortunately put a bunch of apps on it, too soon to determine how stable my new phone was, and I got a reboot (I know you've gotten multiple). I chucked every app except those provided on the gnex from VZW.

Since then I've been careful to only install apps that are "ics-safe". And that's only been a handful actually.

My gnex is totally stable, and downright amazing! It's in another league altogether from the Bionic, IMO.

Hopefully a battery-pull and chucking apps will provide you with a stable platform on which to build. This is one awesome phone for sure!

Here's hopin' that you have the same experience!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know Poweramp causes reboots in it's current iteration.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I know Poweramp causes reboots in it's current iteration.

I've been using PowerAMP since the first day I got the GNex (December). There was an PowerAMP update recently for ICS (2/20 was the latest update). The re-boots I have seen were all while making phone calls though.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Well got my replacement an got most of it set up. Seems to be snapper(though the other one didn't have lag) then my other one an my radio in the phone seems strong so here's hoping its my good one. Also thanks Dezy an all you guys.

Oh an I did get free screen protectors so win? Haha

gibsonlp223

Reaction score
I had reboots on stock all the time, but then I rooted and I don't get them anymore. I'm pretty sure its a stock kernel issue. Might wanna consider rooting.

jclake

Reaction score
My first Galaxy Nexus had reboot issues. I took it back to Verizon and they gave me a new one. I haven't had any issues with the second phone. I think there are some Nexus phones with defective hardware.

LuvMusic

Reaction score
I've been using PowerAMP since the first day I got the GNex (December). There was an PowerAMP update recently for ICS (2/20 was the latest update). The re-boots I have seen were all while making phone calls though.

+1, I've been using Poweramp since release day with no reboots related to Poweramp. In fact, I think my GN has only rebooted twice since I've had it....very stable (stock, not rooted).

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This is annoying now. Barely any apps installed an it now randomly reboots an gets ridiculously hot up by the top of the screen. Two nights ago I kept dropping sign too. I dont wanna have to deal with Verizon again! I feel like they're gonna flag my account for too many returns...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This is annoying now. Barely any apps installed an it now randomly reboots an gets ridiculously hot up by the top of the screen. Two nights ago I kept dropping sign too. I dont wanna have to deal with Verizon again! I feel like they're gonna flag my account for too many returns...

As long as they're legitimate and they note your account appropriately, you'll be fine. Trust me... I have too much experience in that arena. :blink:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
So here we go....after going through 4 Bionic's , getting terrible treatment from Verizon, having my money in hand ready to cancel my whole family plan because of the treatment I was receiving. Then I end up getting a Nexus from them for free which made me feel like finally good times with Verizon were on the horizon..... my phone starts rebooting by itself an freezing up...... v.v .... I've done two resets an it still does it.....almost ready to go back to a flip phone x.x

have you ever thought of getting an HTC smartphone, the Rezound is one sweet phone, with none of the issues those flimsy Samsung phones keep having, before purchasing a smartphone I suggest you check the forums, I know I did and the Nexus forum is filled with complaints like yours, was I C S worth the headache. Plus the Resound has the sharpest screen out of all the new Verizon smartphones as of today, with removable micro sd card and removable battery.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
have you ever thought of getting an HTC smartphone, the Rezound is one sweet phone, with none of the issues those flimsy Samsung phones keep having, before purchasing a smartphone I suggest you check the forums, I know I did and the Nexus forum is filled with complaints like yours, was I C S worth the headache. Plus the Resound has the sharpest screen out of all the new Verizon smartphones as of today, with removable micro sd card and removable battery.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

I have but the fact that the extended battery makes it look like it has a tumor on its back and its not Vanilla Android it really turned me off to it. Truth is when my nexus works, I think personally, it smokes most if not all the other phones out there. Also my buddy had an incredible took awesome care of it dropped it one an it shattered an I've heard of HTC phones being fragile. I really like my nexus but I'm sure the HTC resound is no slouch, just prefer the nexus. That's for your input though if it comes down to me getting a diff phone I might really reconsider the rezound.

52brandon

Reaction score
my Nexus is the first samsung phone I've owned since I think when flip phones first stared getting cameras lol, so I can't comment on the history of the makers. My past 3 phones were the D1, Thunderbolt and Nexus now. The Thunderbolt was MUCH more fragile than my D1, I've dropped my droid off a wall onto concrete (about 6 feet) and barely dinged it. I dropped my thunderbolt about 2 feet onto concrete and the screen completely splintered. Both times they fell out of my pocket and neither had a case. I've been lucky and havent dropped my nexus (yet). Also, I rooted and put the AOKP then Crossbreed ROMs on it immediately after purchasing and have NEVER had a reboot, FWIW