Scrolling lag in Apps menu

ck42

Reaction score
Anyone else seeing a significant lag in the apps screen when 'thumbing' through the list of icons?
Example - my thumb touches the screen and then moves up or down about an inch on the screen. About a quarter second later, the screen actually scrolls. Hugely annoying.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
My app drawer scrolls from left to right, you using the stock launcher?

OP
C

ck42

Reaction score
Yea....my bad. I forgot to mention that I'm using LauncherPro.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't think Launcherpro is optimized for ICS. Though I did have a tiny bit of lag with the Incredible when you first open the drawer and scroll

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think Launcherpro is optimized for ICS. Though I did have a tiny bit of lag with the Incredible when you first open the drawer and scroll

^This.

Not fully optimized yet for ICS, should see improvements as launcherpro is updated.

OP
C

ck42

Reaction score
Just reading now about how LPP hasn't been updated in a while and that it is supposedly being rewritten to better support ICS...but that there's no ETA. Now I'm wondering if I should move to a different ICS launcher or wait for LPP to be updated....

x25064

Reaction score
Just reading now about how LPP hasn't been updated in a while and that it is supposedly being rewritten to better support ICS...but that there's no ETA. Now I'm wondering if I should move to a different ICS launcher or wait for LPP to be updated....

Adw works well but honestly stock is the best.

captdroid

Reaction score
Yea me and my g/f really liked launcherpro on our D1. Dumped it once going with the Nexus and ICS. I really don't expect the Launcherpro guy to actually complete the so called rewrite. Was good for it's time though. Went with Nova Launcher for now and loving it on my Nexus :) Nova Launcher essentially what the stock ICS Launcher should have been or maybe will be with an update from Google. Nova is fast, no lag, enough options, works great! :)

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yea me and my g/f really liked launcherpro on our D1. Dumped it once going with the Nexus and ICS. I really don't expect the Launcherpro guy to actually complete the so called rewrite. Was good for it's time though. Went with Nova Launcher for now and loving it on my Nexus :) Nova Launcher essentially what the stock ICS Launcher should have been or maybe will be with an update from Google.
What features does it have over stock?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
+1 for Nova Launher.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well for one it goes landscape :D I know big feature but the stock launcher doesn't right now.

Another is you can use the entire screen. No more Google Search stuck on every screen taking up space :)

Rest of the features you can read the developer thread :) [APP] Nova Launcher Beta (ICS based) - xda-developers
I'll have to check it out, thanks for the link!

I never had my phone in landscape mode when I used app drawer, though when I do change games it would be helpful...

I don't mind the google bar so much anymore, actually looks nice.

OP
C

ck42

Reaction score
Got Nova installed and setup. Looks great and LOVE that I can remove the Google search bar!
Something that I really miss though, from LP, is the ability to create a 5th column for icons.

Thanks for the Nova tip though!