Scroll Bars in 2.3 - BRING THEM BACK!

shoot2scre

Reaction score
Seriously...

I have over 4,000 songs on my Droid. I do not want to flick through them just to get to one song. I love the ROM and I think BD does great work, but what possible reasons could you have for removing the scrollbars? Can anyone add these back?

neoj2

Reaction score
the scrollbars are there. what app are ya using? the stock music app has them
Seriously...

I have over 4,000 songs on my Droid. I do not want to flick through them just to get to one song. I love the ROM and I think BD does great work, but what possible reasons could you have for removing the scrollbars? Can anyone add these back?

OP
S

shoot2scre

Reaction score
the scrollbars are there. what app are ya using? the stock music app has them
Seriously...

Hmmm...

I guess they are showing up in the Music App... so I no longer really care that much about it. I was trying to uninstall LauncherPro (ADW user here) and when I tried to flick and then use the "pull" scrollbar it didn't show up. It's there in the music app so I withdraw my complaint.

removement

Reaction score
I wish the scroll bars would come back also. Was so happy when they showed up a few build ago. But now they are gone again. Even small little red ones were better than none at all.

v941726

Reaction score
Well, I noticed that they show up in some apps and not others if that helps. it does suck when there is no scrollbar.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im too dumb to notice this.. someone give an app example that doesnt have one and one that does please.

removement

Reaction score
Im too dumb to notice this.. someone give an app example that doesnt have one and one that does please.

I actually do not see them in any apps. But you used to get a little red scroll bar in any place you would scroll. Especially in windows like the widget chooser window, gmail, pretty much any place that scrolled.

Only place there is a scroll bar is contacts but that is a different beast all together.

removement

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken they showed up in TUD 1.0 and were not in fxtreme 8.0 and then disappeared in this version.

I am also talking the default theme.

v941726

Reaction score
on the UD site, the change log even says they were removed

OP
S

shoot2scre

Reaction score
They were removed from SOME elements.

When I created this thread, I was really mad because I was trying to uninstall something and had to 'fling' through my applications to find it. I wasn't just making that up. However, it seems as though the scroll bars were kept in most apps (music, contacts, etc). It seems like they were removed from mostly system menus and such.

I still would rather have them... I don't understand the need to remove them... but it's not AS big a deal as I initially suspected since they are still in MOST menus.