Scroll bar

ranlaw

Reaction score
When scrolling I too often catch the right hand scroll bar. Can it be moved to screen left?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
(In case I haven't already said so, welcome to the forum!)

I'm fairly certain that it's not possible to move the scroll bar to the left side. :Even if it was, I would think that'd be on an app by app basis, rather than a setting for the phone itself.

Is this your first smartphone/did you only recently get the S4? There is a little bit of a learning curve sometimes with new devices.

I and others have had issues with a feature of the Note 4 that allows you to shrink screens of apps that allow it for multi-tasking. Swiping the notification bar down just right sometimes triggers this when not intended, but with a little reprogramming of the muscle memory of the thumb, it's not an issue anymore.

OP
R

ranlaw

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I've had the S4 since it came out. I just don't ever seem to avoid hitting the scroll bar when I'm flipping through an article or Tumbr or Facebook. Is there an app for reprogramming muscle memory? ;)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If there was, I'd be in much better shape.

I've got fairly large hands and very long fingers, being 6'2, so I don't have these same issues. Wish there was more advice I could offer.