1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Scripts - Wish List

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Aug 29, 2010.

1. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I know my scripts do not cover everything you'd like to do ... so let's hear it. What would you like to see? I'll start with #1:

bootanimation changer - for other ROMS, where does it pick up the new animation from? Always same spot, or is there a file browser?
  2. Hashi

Hashi New Member

I'd like to either see an editable script that would allow the equivalent of what /etc/init.d/rc.local (or /etc/rc.local) does on many distros.

So if anyone doesn't know, it would be one of the last things to execute on boot, so you could , for example, stick a modprobe {modulename} in there, or mount a filesystem, or pretty well anything.

Alternatively, if you think that handing that out is giving away too much power and asking for trouble, (it might wind up being so for you as maintainer/auther), then if you could tell me if there is an equivalent of that functionality in the build and it's name, that would be fine as well.

Regarding thing like boot animation: I'd think that a browse to {yourAnimation.zip} would be nice.

And one other request: I'd love to know from where certain apps are kicked off at startup, and if at all possible, have some control over whether they are. (for example: Why is maps running at startup and "Talk to me", a translator?).

Thanks for asking -- Hashi
  3. Rsswga

Rsswga New Member

Disable light sensor while on calls...allow 3g during phone calls
  4. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team Premium Member Developer

I have used Ultimate Droid Scripts before they have a nice selection there chevy check out there scripts ...If you could get there scripts on S.S That would make S.S Perfect WHo Dat
  5. Isaiah

Isaiah New Member

I doubt you can do anything about this but one of my biggest problems with the droid (motorola really, LG never makes this mistake) Is that the volume buttons in horizontal mode are essentially backwards (left is vol. up, right is vol. down; should be left is volume down, right is volume up)

Other phone manufacturers solved this problem by putting their volume buttons on the opposite side that moto does, so when the phone is rotated, they still make sense.

Its just one of those things that really bugs me.
  6. Wake N Bake

Wake N Bake New Member

Definitely agree, although nothing can be done probably. I always hit the volume key the wrong way when in horizontal rotation.
  7. meishkov

meishkov New Member

Up to the top, down to the bottom. Just change volume before rotating phone.
  8. virtueoftheabsurd

virtueoftheabsurd New Member

I THINK that Pete's script checks to see if there is a bootanimation.zip file in the sdcard root. If there is, it switches it in, and the old bootanimation.zip will then be on the root of the sdcard.
  9. y0rk

y0rk New Member

how about instead of having a predetermined set of hide/delete scripts, there is one that scans the /system/app for the current ones and then generates our options to hide/unhide/delete, minus whatever system apps are deemed necessary and off-limits. would reduce the accidental enabling of apps already hidden and the errors from trying to delete something that isn't there.
  10. kevinrivas7

kevinrivas7 New Member

idk if this is a script or not but ill like the rotary lockscreen option.
  11. js0724

js0724 New Member

Regarding your last request...there is an app called "Autostarts" that does exactly what you're looking for. I use it and it drastically reduces boot time and phone performs better right after boot. Also, it will prevent some apps from running in background when they shouldn't. The best part is that it doesn't "task kill", it prevents them from opening in the first place. Also, Autostarts doesn't need to run in background so it doesn't waste resources.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  12. aldrichg9

aldrichg9 New Member

I'd like to do away with the lockscreen.
    One button screen on/off such as is possible with screen mode widget only without having to find the widget and change the setting after every reboot.

I feel the same about answering phone calls.
    I would like to be able to answer the phone with one touch rather than slide every time.

I guess these are real small things but I have always found it mildly annoying to have to slide hundreds of times every day.

Thanks chevyno1 for asking for input.
  13. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

The no 3G while on calls is a limitation of the CDMA technology that Verizon uses, no script can fix that.
  14. y0rk

y0rk New Member

Maybe a way to change the menu keys ay the bottom of the screen to work on long presses instead of regular. It never fails when I try to show someone something on my phone I either accidentally back out of whatever I'm in or bring up the search app.

Sent from my Droid
  15. Fault

Fault New Member

Check for updates. Would be awesome.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  16. Shikazu

Shikazu New Member

17. cush2push

cush2push Premium Member Premium Member Developer

i would like to see a way to change the led light for calls texts and set a color for a contact with out have to use an app in the market
  18. stewp97

stewp97 New Member

I would really like the ability to delay the phone lock for 15 or 30 minutes. It is more than a little annoying to have to put in my password every time the screen times out!

Thanks, peter
  19. stang7606

stang7606 New Member

The only thing I would request would be a script to be able to enable Volume-Vibrate-Silent on the rocker switch. I will never understand why google got rid of the ability.
  20. swingnarnie

swingnarnie New Member

I dont know if this is the type of scripting you're talking about, but I would like to be able to, with one touch, log into a website that requires username/password. I dont know if there is an app that does this, if anyone has a suggestion...

I would like a cleanup script
    a) clean up old backups and previous roms
    b) clean out cache and perform any maintenance that would keep my phone running smoothly. It seems like after a few weeks my phone becomes laggy and FC alot.

Totally digging on the unlock feature with the menu key and at the same time I second
    "I would like to be able to answer the phone with one touch rather than slide every time"

Can you keep the screen on during a call?

In ChevyNo1 Tools can you put an update option. Updates failed the first time I tried.

Idk if this is google's screw up but when I search for contacts the keyboard doesn't pop up...so annoying

Thanks for the great ROM!