Scripts not working in Bugless Beast v1.0

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by FatHammer, May 21, 2010.

  1. FatHammer
    Offline

    FatHammer New Member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I've just installed Pete's Bugless Beast v1.0 from v0.9, and I seem to have lost the ability to run scripts. When I attempt to run ANY script, it gives me a "not found" error. No matter what script I try, I get the same result.

    Has this happened to anyone else? I'd really like to know how to fix this.

    -FatHammer
  2. GirLuvsDroid
    Offline

    GirLuvsDroid New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2010
    Messages:
    1,551
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Wilmington, DE
    Running scripts in V1.0 is a little different than in V0.9. What, exactly, did you type into Terminal Emulator?
  3. anonydroid
    Offline

    anonydroid New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2010
    Messages:
    45
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    How do you run scripts?
  4. GirLuvsDroid
    Offline

    GirLuvsDroid New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2010
    Messages:
    1,551
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Wilmington, DE
    Open Terminal Emulator, open your keyboard, then type:

    su
    nameofscript

    (where nameofscript represents free50mb, or switchboot, or cpuinfo, or whatever script you want to run).

    More info here: [FAQ] Bugless Beast
  5. FatHammer
    Offline

    FatHammer New Member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    That's exactly what I'm doing, and it's telling me "not found" for every single script I try. Is there some step I've missed? It said scripts didn't need to be manually enabled, though I tried typing "enablescripts" and also got a "not found".
  6. GirLuvsDroid
    Offline

    GirLuvsDroid New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2010
    Messages:
    1,551
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Wilmington, DE
    Have you tried:

    su
    fixperm

    If that didn't work, then do you have Root Explorer? If so, navigate to /system/xbin and see if you see files with the script names in there. If you scroll down, you should see cpuinfo, for instance.

    Also, have you tried rebooting?
  7. FatHammer
    Offline

    FatHammer New Member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    The only Root Explorer I see on the Market is a paid app. Is there another app you're talking about, or is there another way to do this? I used the Astro File Manager to browse to my System directory, and I don't even see an Xbin folder.

    Edit - Yes, fixperm is one of the scripts that is "not found".
  8. FatHammer
    Offline

    FatHammer New Member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Nevermind. I can confirm that there is no Xbin folder, and it's not in the update.zip that I installed from either. I downloaded a different one that I can confirm has that folder, and I'm going to use it now. I'll update this post if my problem is fixed.

    Edit - Got them working. Seems the update.zip I installed originally was not complete. Thanks for trying the help.