1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Screwed up and need help..

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Logan3824, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Logan3824

Logan3824 New Member

Ok so I had BB.9 installed but I downloaded rom manager pro and installed clockwork and then UD...Now my phone won't start up past the boot animation, does anyone know how do I put SPrecovery back on there when I can't get even get to the home screen and does anyone have a link to the SPrecovery file?
  2. bomber889

bomber889 New Member

How long does it stay at the boot animation? Usually it says there for a while after you download a new rom.
  3. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

If you believe that its the UD thats causing the problem and it really wont boot up at all then you should restore to your previous nandroid backup.

-Reboot into recovery mode (hold the power and "x" button at the same time)
    -Do a Factory Reset
    -Go Into Partition Menu
    -Format SYSTEM
    -Format BOOT
    -Go Back With Power Button
    -Choose Nandroid
    -Restore
    -Enjoy!

i hope you made a backup of your bb .9 before installing UD. but that should work for you, reason why you should wipe data/factory reset is so that anything that may be causing the problem is completely cleaned off of your phone.
  4. Logan3824

Logan3824 New Member

No dude what I did is, I made a nandroid backup with SPrecovery so its in my sdcard > nandroid, but when I go to nandroid in clockwork it says no files found...Where do I need to put my backup file in so that clockwork will find it?
  5. NeverEndingXsin

ohhhh okay well then i would think this:
    -Extract the file from the archive using WinRAR or a similar program
    -Place all the files from the nandroid into a folder called whatever you want.
    -Place the extracted folder (the ROM) into the "backup" folder inside "clockworkrom" folder on your sdcard

but if you arent able to boot up the phone then im not sure how you can get the nandroid backup off of your phone and into the folder =(

ummm i saw a youtube video the other day randomly about a guy booting his droid into safe mode, ive personally never tried it but it might work for you not sure. to boot into safe mode power on your phone and hold the "enter" key.
    *i have no idea if it'll work on a rooted phone or work at all but its worth a shot*
  6. Logan3824

Logan3824 New Member

The only thing in my clockworkmod folder is "download" ...Did I **** something up? Can I just make a backup folder and put it in the clockworkmod?
  7. NeverEndingXsin

yes you can do that. just make a folder called "backup" and put it into clockwordmod folder
  8. Logan3824

Logan3824 New Member

I did that and everything started to work but when I do the restore it says "Error while restoring /system/!

Do I need to extract the system.rar into a system folder?
  9. NeverEndingXsin

no you shouldnt have too. the only problem that you might be having is that you backed up with SPR-recovery and are now using clockwork and i believe that each one makes up its backups differently like the way they are set up. what i would try doing is if you can make the "backup" folder then download one of the actual clockwork recovery nandroid roms and place it in there and then follow the steps for installing it. (hopefully that would fix the problem your having)

but sadly i need to get some rest its super early in the morning here. i really hope your able to fix your issues and ill check the thread when i wake up and see if i can help if you still need it :)
  10. gavron

gavron New Member

Use the newest ROM Manager to install "alternate recovery" (SPRecovery).

Once you have SPR, restore your nandroid backup.

Ehud
  11. NeverEndingXsin

his phone wont start up past the boot animation, so thats hard to do.
  12. Logan3824

Logan3824 New Member

Wow NOW my phone won't even turn on...I don't know what the **** happened but it doesn't even turn on now...

New Question... If I take it to Verizon, if the phone doesn't even turn on, will they be able to tell its rooted?
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  13. gavron

gavron New Member

If he gets to the boot animation that's LONG PAST where SPR would be in effect. You hold down X BEFORE the M logo and LONG BEFORE the boot animation.

If the phone won't boot up... use a wall charger (not a PC USB port) and charge it up.

E
  14. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Logan,

If you are still trying, you now likley have a dead battery. Previous folks who have had this happen have had to plug the phone into the wall charger and let it charge overnight. USBwill likley not do it, and the overnight may be needed as the charge has been slow historically for folks.

To your question about what VZW will see, depend on whther they try a charged battery. If they do, then they will probably see what you were seeing before the battery died.

Craig
  15. NeverEndingXsin

Logan,
    like the other guy said charge it over night with a wall charger and see if that helps. As far as taking it to verizon if they can get it to bootup and see the custom bootanimation or custom rom then they will not cover it under warranty.
  16. NeverEndingXsin

i know that but he has rom manager and clockwork recovery on his phone so if he cant get it to bootup then he cant flash spr recovery.
  17. gavron

gavron New Member

He can get CWR to restore a backup that _will_ boot, then boot RM, then install SPR :)

E
Search tags for this page

format system in clockwork recovery

use clockwork recovery now my phone not starting back up