Screwed myself...

PikaCane

Reaction score
Came into this thread a little late, but you do know you can mount the sdcard to the computer while in sprecovery? You can then rename the theme update.zip and load the rom and rename it update.zip. Unmount sdcard and then install rom and go from there.

Okay, curious here: Are you saying to put two different files, both named update.zip, in the same directory (root) of the same drive simultaneously? I'd be a little surprised to see Windows allowing that. It's an easily confused OS ;)

Sorry, just reading through random threads before I start messing with my phone.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Came into this thread a little late, but you do know you can mount the sdcard to the computer while in sprecovery? You can then rename the theme update.zip and load the rom and rename it update.zip. Unmount sdcard and then install rom and go from there.

Okay, curious here: Are you saying to put two different files, both named update.zip, in the same directory (root) of the same drive simultaneously? I'd be a little surprised to see Windows allowing that. It's an easily confused OS ;)

Sorry, just reading through random threads before I start messing with my phone.

No. What I do is put them on the computer. Then with the sdcard mounted to the computer I drag and drop the rom to the sdcard and rename it update.zip on the sdcard. You can then unmount the sdcard, boot into spr and install that update. Then while still in spr, mount the sdcard again and rename the update.zip file or delete it on the sdcard. Then copy and paste the other file (theme/kernel/etc.) and rename it update.zip on the sdcard. That way there is never more than one update.zip on the sdcard. You are correct, windows would not allow 2 update.zip files.

FrostMan

Reaction score

He is saying to take the update.zip for the theme, rename it to something like dontusethisupdate.zip and then take the sapphire rom and rename it to update.zip, then go ahead and install that to resolve his bootloop.

Riefle

Reaction score
I have done something similar before. For me I launched SP recovery which allows you to mount the SD. Maybe this is different... what do you guys think?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Exactly what BayouFlyFisher already said.