Screwed after installing Leaked (rooted) GB????

tlozano09

Reaction score
I have been looking everywhere and i cant find a straight answer so i am currently freaking out.

So i read P3droids view on the changes coming to android and i noticed he said that carriers will be able to find rooted users somehow and charging them ETF's??

my question is, after installing the rooted gb leak, am i going to get charged for a full warrany replacement or some fine or even worse an etf????

Also, can we unroot and return to stock now and be safe or have i dug my own grave???

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You guys should take what anyone says with a grain of salt. I'm sure there are several other threads on this topic.

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
I have been looking everywhere and i cant find a straight answer so i am currently freaking out.

So i read P3droids rant on the changes coming to android and i noticed he said that carriers will be able to find rooted users somehow and charging them ETF's??

my question is, after installing the rooted gb leak, am i going to get charged for a full warrany replacement or some fine or even worse an etf????

Also, can we unroot and return to stock now and be safe or have i dug my own grave???

You should relax, thats all I'm going to say. However, what P3droid said was not a "rant" as you put it. I'm sure he put a lot of though and time into what he posted and calling it a rant is rather rude.

Why your talking about ETF's is beyond me, you should read those terms of service again. There is nothing you have done that is illegal, or thats going to make the big red V come to your house and cut your head off, take a breath, be happy with you GB release, (If something bad does happen your screwed already dancedroid )

your right i should have used a better word. I guess time will tell. till then, i am going to enjoy my phone. :)

bL33d

Reaction score
I bought my droid x off ebay and activated it its my phone i can do what the hell i want to with it. I don't tether i have cable internet so they want to piss with me i will happily take my 3 accounts all with data plans to either cricket or sprint.

My point... who cares if they mess with u its there loss not urs do u really think they don't want ur business... Now if ur tethering like crazy then that's different.

Like my dad says companies work for u and its the truth if u don't like what there doing fire them.