screenshots

robert70

Reaction score
OK so I've been reading some of the stuff that ya'all that have been lucky enough to get the update have said about new features, well I'm still on gb and some how I managed to take a screenshot,,and I'm not exactly sure how I did it,, some how it is loadable to do this before ICS and without an app. Attatched is the screenshot I took.

ForumRunner_20120629_010211.png

ForumRunner_20120629_010211.png

Sent from my wicked sharp razr!

karinagw

Reaction score
You have to hold down the power key & wait to push the home key until just before the shut-down options pop up...gotta get the timing just right.

AND, once you do that, as long as you keep your power button pushed down, you are in screenshot mode and can switch screens, enter (at least some) apps & take screenshots just by pushing the home button again. If you release the power key, you have to start from scratch

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Are you talking about using an app?? I see the op's listed device is an x2... which device are you referring to?

EDIT: I see your sig says razr.. so you must be using an app to screenshot on gb...
DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

karinagw

Reaction score
Oops. Didn't notice it was an X2, but a recent Verizon update has given at least a couple phones I've noticed (including my DInc2) the ability to natively take screenshots without an app or rooting, juts by a key combination. Most of us have discovered this by accidentally doing "something" but not being quite sure what. The exact key sequence above, I know, is accurate for a DInc2. It may work for the OP since he too did "something". But, at lease it gives him a starting point. The problem most people have with the power+home instruction is that they try to do it simultaneously which doesn't work. It's a timing thing. FTR, I am still on GB too.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmm. I didn't think a razr on gb could screen shot without an app.. but idk what he means either lol.

karinagw

Reaction score
Actually, My profile says razr because I forgot to change it when I got my Incredible 2.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmm. I didn't think a razr on gb could screen shot without an app.. but idk what he means either lol.

That was my understanding too ... but I may be wrong. It has happened before. :p

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lol

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Those are the same screen shots that were floating around on those welcome to ICS threads that Motorola was sending out teaching people about the new features of ICS. I specifically remember that "Holy cow what a night one".