Screenshots of your NON-ROOTED Droid home screens!

Rayv

Reaction score
what theme is this?

Its not really a theme. Just a wallpaper I made from on of my paintings. Icons are ones I downloaded for bettercut. The beautiful widget theme was one I made to match. I didn't put that on the beautiful widget thread because I havnt bothered to figure out how to rename the file yet =P
could you please make that wallpaper available to us all instead of PM'ing it to the ones that asked? i love it and would totally use it. how did you get your buttons round like that? it looks great with your painting, perfect match.

I am a bit hesitant to post the higher resolution image on a public forum without my www.lachri.com watermark plastered across it <insert tinfoil hat here>. I have had my work turn up all over the web without permissions. Not that I mind the work being spread around, I just want to make sure people know where the art came from. Just drop me a PM and I will get one to you :D

The round buttons are icons I downloaded from the marketplace. They are called "Glared Icons" . You will need the bettercut or similar app installed to make those icons work.

Did you see the newer screenshot I posted (post #48) with the border around the wallpaper, and the white icons? It looks SO much better now :D I actually like it so much I haven't changed anything on it in a week and a half. That's a record for me!

Last edited:

c_mack9

Reaction score
pm sent! ok i downloaded bettercut and a couple of icon packs but i cant figure out how to replace the old icons with the new icon pack.

**edit** figured out the icons. im dumb. i also found your site, love the dog art. i am a huge dog lover.

Last edited:

Wraith

Reaction score
Here are my screens...

Nice thread, got me to clean up my Droid 2.0.1 (stock)..
Thanks to Magdroid for the 5 screen reference. I'm considering it, but holding out for 2.1 hoping that has it.

Some questions;
1) I see people with cool flip clocks. Any suggestions on one? I looked and didn't like what I found...must have missed it.
2) Someone had a Word of the day type thing above...I need that. Will look for it.
3) Folders look boring...any way of changing folder icons without rooting?
4) Why don't people use weather bug? Seems to be good for me!

locked.png

Screen1.png

Screen2.png

Screen3.png

Car.png

Some highlights;
1) Lock screen has security banner, in case I lose it....forbid! Using Owner app (free).
2) Organized my news widgets to one screen.
3) Most used stuff on main screen (of course!).
4) Showed off Car mode screen for the 2 icons on the top bar (on the regular screen normally but crowded with USB hooked up!). Check out Bar Control at the market (FREE!) to iconify your apps to the bar!

KEEP THOSE SCREENS AND TIPS GOIN!

Magdroid

Reaction score
The cool flip-clocks that you are asking about are probably from an App called Beautiful Widgets. They have skins for it, that you can look through from within the App. It's a really awsome program!

Rayv

Reaction score
Nice thread, got me to clean up my Droid 2.0.1 (stock)..
Thanks to Magdroid for the 5 screen reference. I'm considering it, but holding out for 2.1 hoping that has it.

Some questions;
1) I see people with cool flip clocks. Any suggestions on one? I looked and didn't like what I found...must have missed it.
2) Someone had a Word of the day type thing above...I need that. Will look for it.
3) Folders look boring...any way of changing folder icons without rooting?
4) Why don't people use weather bug? Seems to be good for me!

KEEP THOSE SCREENS AND TIPS GOIN!

1- Beautiful Widgets. They have tons of skins to choose from or you can make your own.
2- no idea
3- I use Apps Organizer from the market to organize my apps, and bettercut (also from the market) to change the icons that are on my screen. Bettercut wont change the icons within a folder, but it will change all of the ones that you place directly onto your screen.
4- Beautiful widgets has the weather included (well 3 days worth) and looks nicer imo than weatherbug. Basically...weatherbug didn't match my theme.

Detcord

Reaction score
Launcher 2, Newsroom, Handcent, Bettercut, New Slideshow....

I had to leave my GOW gif backgrounds I made for my Voyager behind. Odd omission in no Animated Gif support. Oh well, considering what the Droid can do versus my old Voyager I guess i'll live with it.

ya, i had a vid of my gf at the time dancing to the "he bites me my vagina" song as the background on my voyager, slowed the phone down sooo much but totally worth it. hope droid gets better backgrounds eventually. i guess i should get some screens of my boring droid to keep on topic.

Cruzincat1

Reaction score
Just got my Droid, coming from a windows 6.1 platform. Was using an earlier version of SPB Mobile Shell. The latest version has support for Droid. Has anybody tried it yet?

Raeuber

Reaction score
Just got my Droid, coming from a windows 6.1 platform. Was using an earlier version of SPB Mobile Shell. The latest version has support for Droid. Has anybody tried it yet?

First off, let me say "I am sorry that you had to endure windows mobile" :)
Second, Welcome to the wonderful world of the droid,
and last: What is SPB Mobile Shell?

bradford88

Reaction score
kennesaw? i lived in gwinnett for 19 years. until i joined the air force.

Cruzincat1

Reaction score

mudpro69

Reaction score
Non-rooted...is that even possible?....LOL

Nice look screens guys....