Screenshots of your NON-ROOTED Droid home screens!

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
what app has those X-Box 360 chars?
chart

Xbox Live Avatar Widget

winterforge

Reaction score
Here's 3 of my 5 screens. Sorry for the glare. Maybe I'll go take some better one's in the dark LOL.

Running stock with, GDE Home replacement with hero theme, Beautiful Widets, iBox icons. Nothing fancy.

Droid1.jpg

Droid2.jpg

Droid3.jpg

How are you using the iBox icons with GDE? The icon pack says it only works with Open Home or Bettercut. In the Bettercut comments someone states that Bettercut doesn't work with GDE lol. So in short, I have GDE and want the iBox icons. How do I do this?

Riley

Reaction score
I didn't know they aren't supposed to work together. I have ibox set one, two and three. When I edit the icon in bettercut and save it, it will tell me there's no room for it, but it places it anyways. Give them a try.

winterforge

Reaction score
Thanks Riley. I was hesitant to buy Bettercut because of someone saying it didn't work. Like you said, it works just fine with GDE. I'm running with cube transitions, iBox icons etc, very cool. I just wish I had the black status/notification bar, but still not taking the plunge into rooting yet.

MonkeyMike23

Reaction score
Ok....I've had my Droid for less than a week. I've made my newbie introduction. Without having you kind folks rehash stuff you already know, could you please point me to the threads that explain what rooting is, how I get the 2.1 and the beautiful 5 screens y'all have. I want to get the most out of this baby that I can. I'm playing catch up so I won't ask anyone to stop and explain all this to me. A PM with the info would be SO appreciated.

Magdroid

Reaction score
If you want 5 screens, read my post above yours.

What is Rooting? Read this:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/hacking/4654-what-does-rooting-your-phone-actually-mean.html
(The answers I got when I asked the same exact question, the answers were so good..it got Stickied!!!).

If you want to know more about "Rooting" do a Forum search using the search button @ the top of the page.

***Warning***
Rooting your phone may result in Bricking your phone! (making your phone unable to turn on, or even function)
Rooting your phone can cause you to void your VZW warranty. Even if you have a hardware problem.
***End Warning***

Some people love the OPENness of Rooting. Others (like me) think the risks outweigh the PROs of rooting. If you want all the goodness of 2.1 and don't want to root. Read this.

flan (eclair) gallery 2.1 with multi-touch or pinch-to-zoom ported to droid | droid life: a motorola droid blog

Here is a tutorial of how to root your droid:
http://www.droid-life.com/2010/02/how-to-root-your-motorola-droid.html

Last edited:

Rouge

Reaction score
Launcher 2, Newsroom, Handcent, Bettercut, New Slideshow....

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Launcher 2, Newsroom, Handcent, Bettercut, New Slideshow....

I had to leave my GOW gif backgrounds I made for my Voyager behind. Odd omission in no Animated Gif support. Oh well, considering what the Droid can do versus my old Voyager I guess i'll live with it.

winterforge

Reaction score
Well, I did it. After getting GDE, Bettercut and the iBox icons I just couldn't live without the black notification bar. I rooted pretty much just to get the black bar lol. It was TOTALLY worth it. I had no idea all the little extra goodies DroidMod 1.0 came with like the transparent News and Weather widget from 2.1, 2.1 Music app, the Picasa gallery view etc. So now with GDE, DroidMod 1.0, Stanrc's BlackMod, etc, this phone kicks even more ass than it already did! Now I just have to decide if I want to overclock the processor. I have no issues with the speed, it already seems fast, so not sure if I want to risk shortening it's lifespan.

Riley

Reaction score
Well, I did it. After getting GDE, Bettercut and the iBox icons I just couldn't live without the black notification bar. I rooted pretty much just to get the black bar lol. It was TOTALLY worth it. I had no idea all the little extra goodies DroidMod 1.0 came with like the transparent News and Weather widget from 2.1, 2.1 Music app, the Picasa gallery view etc. So now with GDE, DroidMod 1.0, Stanrc's BlackMod, etc, this phone kicks even more ass than it already did! Now I just have to decide if I want to overclock the processor. I have no issues with the speed, it already seems fast, so not sure if I want to risk shortening it's lifespan.

How about some screen shots? I'm still too paranoid to root.

c_mack9

Reaction score
I just finished making a beautiful widget that worked with my background (one of my paintings). I am constantly changing stuff on this phone, so I'm sure it will look different within a week haha. I finally talked my husband into letting me customize his droid. If that comes out nice, I will post it :D
1-3.jpg
2-3.jpg
3-2.jpg
what theme is this?

Its not really a theme. Just a wallpaper I made from on of my paintings. Icons are ones I downloaded for bettercut. The beautiful widget theme was one I made to match. I didn't put that on the beautiful widget thread because I havnt bothered to figure out how to rename the file yet =P
could you please make that wallpaper available to us all instead of PM'ing it to the ones that asked? i love it and would totally use it. how did you get your buttons round like that? it looks great with your painting, perfect match.

winterforge

Reaction score

How about some screen shots? I'm still too paranoid to root.

I know this thread is for non-rooted Droid screens, but since Riley is asking here you go.