Screenshots of peoples Droid desktops?

dAi

Reaction score
How do I get the battery percentage on top without installing an app? Do I have to be rommed?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

billjohnson

Reaction score
How do I get the battery percentage on top without installing an app? Do I have to be rommed?

Generally yes buddy. The reason you do is because the person who makes the theme needs access to a file called framework-res.apk and that's impossible (someone correct me if I'm wrong) without having full "root" access. Let me explain root a little better. In Linux, the "root" is a separate account from the standard user account. Using root gives you access to all system files and functions. In Android (a Linux OS) "rooting" your device simply gives anyone full access to any system files. It's really that simple. :)

billjohnson

Reaction score
snap20110217_041823.png

Will be working on replacing my home with matched color minimalistic widgets...
is it possible to have the standard home use minimalistic, then have minimalistic start adw.launcher ex on tap? Id love to run bare say during the workday and then switch over to my usual app filled screens.

Well it might slow down your device a little but you could use a home switcher and run LauncherPro during the day and then when you get home switch to ADW Ex or the like. As far as your current shot, looking good. Can't wait to see the final product.

dAi

Reaction score

Generally yes buddy. The reason you do is because the person who makes the theme needs access to a file called framework-res.apk and that's impossible (someone correct me if I'm wrong) without having full "root" access. Let me explain root a little better. In Linux, the "root" is a separate account from the standard user account. Using root gives you access to all system files and functions. In Android (a Linux OS) "rooting" your device simply gives anyone full access to any system files. It's really that simple. :)

Hey friend I am fully rooted. How do I get that battery percent like you did.for him with the horse

billjohnson

Reaction score
Oh! Okay. You'll have to ask MFFL04 what ROM he's using and then flash it. I can't tell just by looking at it. I don't keep up with themes anymore. I generally use stock Gingerbread for urrythang and if the title bar doesn't match I simply hide it.

billjohnson

Reaction score
On occasion, I switch up the setup to a classic Gingerbread Nexus S theme. Refreshes the mind and lets me think of some new original setups. No need for comments. We've all seen it before haha.

Milton515

Reaction score
I have it set up-
Home- Clock, search, power control
Swipe Left- Everything I use for Android
Swipe Right- Media stuff
I have other screens but just with widgets that don't really get used!

Where did u find The Black Market App????

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Milton515

Reaction score
Current Setup
Rom:UD 2.5
Launcher ADW
Theme:York's Black Theme (free in market)
Wallpaper: From Zedge Wallpaper App
Lockscreen: WidgetLocker

a6fee042-5559-8c2c.jpg

a6fee042-5570-ae1b.jpg

a6fee042-5584-3c6b.jpg

a6fee042-5595-9f7e.jpg

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

joshoid

Reaction score
aefcf407-5658-b514.jpg

aefcf407-566c-c0b9.jpg

aefcf407-568a-3d12.jpg