Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

MFFL04

Reaction score

alonsou

Reaction score
DJ,

For some reason, this dock seems to have some sort if issue that I can't really tell what it is, do you have the original file that you are working with?, not the exported image, it looks weird on my D1 LP 10X10 check it out

87z1x.jpg

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
It did that same thing to me when I tried it on Ex. Is that what you did? Yeah, I have the original dock. I'm making a new one and resized it to the right size to be sure it will actually work this time.

alonsou

Reaction score
It did that same thing to me when I tried it on Ex. Is that what you did? Yeah, I have the original dock. I'm making a new one and resized it to the right size to be sure it will actually work this time.

I think thats the whole issue, the size, since you are working with less than the original width of 480, LP will try to make it fit from side to side therefore it will stretch it.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. I never thought about before today though since it always stretched to the right size and looked right. Oh well:) Time to spend another half hour on it:)

dodgersrgood

Reaction score

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Heeeeeyyy how do you that reflection thing you did in your dock?

Duplicate the layer of the icon you want the reflection for, use the reflection tool(change it to vertical), and click on the icon and it will flip it upside down. Then move it down below the icon it's reflecting from and position it where you want it. Then, set the opacity to whatever you prefer, those are 70.0, then add a white layer mask. After that, use the gradient tool to make it fade.
It depends on the dock though for me. On that dock, after I flipped it and positioned it, I cropped the part I didn't want off so it didn't show up at the bottom/front of the dock because of the way it's designed, then I did the opacity, mask, and gradient. If you need more detailed instructions or anything let me know.

Again, credit to mkcm97.

alonsou

Reaction score
want me to check it for you?.. I might see something you are not?

Yes, please. Thank you. I went ahead and attached it.

Your help!

I'm losing it today haha. I thought I only helped with WL? Haha my mind is slipping!

Heeeeeyyy how do you that reflection thing you did in your dock?

If using Photoshop

Place your icon on the dock, press ctlr+J to make a copy of the layer, then ctlr+t to select the item you just copied, right click and select flip vertical. now place the layer that you just flipped just under the original layer, add a layer mask and make sure that you are selecting the layer mask and not the copied layer you can verify this just by looking for the hairline above the layer mask on your layer pallete. Press G for gradient and select "reflected gradient" from the gradient menu and make sure that you also select "foreground to transparent" from the presets menu. Press shift and now draw a vertical line right across from the 2 icons ( the original and the flipped copy) and you will start to see how the copy start to fade out. You can do this (draw the line) as many times as you like until you get the desire effect.

Seems complicated but is not once you try it.

Good luck

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
Duplicate the layer of the icon you want the reflection for, use the reflection tool(change it to vertical), and click on the icon and it will flip it upside down. Then move it down below the icon it's reflecting from and position it where you want it. Then, set the opacity to whatever you prefer, those are 70.0, then add a white layer mask. After that, use the gradient tool to make it fade.
It depends on the dock though for me. On that dock, after I flipped it and positioned it, I cropped the part I didn't want off so it didn't show up at the bottom/front of the dock because of the way it's designed, then I did the opacity, mask, and gradient. If you need more detailed instructions or anything let me know.

Again, credit to mkcm97.

ok thanks that doesnt sound too bad. ill check it tomorrow when i got some time.

If using Photoshop

Place your icon on the dock, press ctlr+J to make a copy of the layer, then ctlr+t to select the item you just copied, right click and select flip vertical. now place the layer that you just flipped just under the original layer, add a layer mask and make sure that you are selecting the layer mask and not the copied layer you can verify this just by looking for the hairline above the layer mask on your layer pallete. Press G for gradient and select "reflected gradient" from the gradient menu and make sure that you also select "foreground to transparent" from the presets menu. Press shift and now draw a vertical line right across from the 2 icons ( the original and the flipped copy) and you will start to see how the copy start to fade out. You can do this (draw the line) as many times as you like until you get the desire effect.

Seems complicated but is not once you try it.

Good luck

im using paint.net but im sure there is a similar way to do it. thanks for the hepl!!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it does:) It's easy. I had no idea how to do any of that until a few days ago and it's pretty simple. Still learning though.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
snap20110217_041823.png

Will be working on replacing my home with matched color minimalistic widgets...
is it possible to have the standard home use minimalistic, then have minimalistic start adw.launcher ex on tap? Id love to run bare say during the workday and then switch over to my usual app filled screens.