Screenshots of peoples Droid desktops?

billjohnson

Reaction score
snap20101208_004013.png

For ****s and giggles, I downloaded and installed the gingerbread launcher modaco ported. Its on the market.

Its scrolling is smoothest out of any stock android launcher yet. It does not have a 3d effect though.

Droidforums.net appified!

That's pretty sick dude. I'm going to wait for PEv4 right after Christmas I believe to get my Gingerbread goodness. It'll be a nice way to start the new year! :D

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
okay so all that is showing up is META-inf and system. I have gone as far as I can in both and not a single .zip or .xml file. The folder itself is titled DE. When I went on metamorph I got the exact same files with no .zip or .xml and no symbol.

Okay, I opened it up. The .xml is one of the very first things you see right when you open it. It says browser, calculator, calendar, calendar provider, camera, carhomegoogle, contacts, DarkEdgeEris.xml

Bilgediver

Reaction score
snap20101208_004013.png

For ****s and giggles, I downloaded and installed the gingerbread launcher modaco ported. Its on the market.

Its scrolling is smoothest out of any stock android launcher yet. It does not have a 3d effect though.

Droidforums.net appified!

That's pretty sick dude. I'm going to wait for PEv4 right after Christmas I believe to get my Gingerbread goodness. It'll be a nice way to start the new year! :D

Well considering I'm not actually running Gingerbread its no big deal, I'm just running the Stock Gingerbread Launcher. If you do a Market Search for "Gingerbread Launcher" it should pop up, and its from "MoDaCo".

Its aboug 5 megs, and there isn't much customization to it, heck its a Google Stock Launcher so there shouldn't be lol. It took a few minutes to load all my apps into the app drawer, I set it as my default launcher and now its scrolling and loading smooth and quick. Of course I still have the "Redraw" fix in so it shouldn't be clearing the launcher from my RAM much.
There is kind of a fade-in fade-out effect when going into the app drawer, and the app drawer is just the 2D style. It scrolls extremely fast and smooth, though.

billjohnson

Reaction score
Oh yeah. I know you're not running it. I'm actually referring to the theme that will be the default for the new PEv4. I might give that home replacer a shot though.

INCZ06

Reaction score
noob question,where is the messaging widget at so I can add ? Also the % of battery life and other memory options. I'm coming from the stone age here so bare with me. I have already learned a lot just from going thru this post.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
noob question,where is the messaging widget at so I can add ? Also the % of battery life and other memory options. I'm coming from the stone age here so bare with me. I have already learned a lot just from going thru this post.

You'll need to be a little more specific than that. There are many:)

INCZ06

Reaction score

native android messaging app. With the green messaging icon and the simple theme or I guess the original android messaging app

Last edited:

billjohnson

Reaction score

Well buddy, if you purchase Launcher Pro - you can add widgets by simply long pressing and choosing Launcher Pro widgets. Then select messaging. It would help if you added some specifics like what phone you have and such. Because if you have a Droid Incredible, Sense UI already has a messaging widget.

billjohnson

Reaction score

native android messaging app. With the green messaging icon and the simple theme

Could you post a screenshot or a link to where you found it? I'm pretty positive Android doesn't have a messaging widget by default.....

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

native android messaging app. With the green messaging icon and the simple theme

I don't think there is a messaging widget with a green icon that I can think of? What phone do you have? And I know you said you're new to this but is there any chance you have rooted already?

INCZ06

Reaction score
yes I have the Inc. Let me see if I can go back and find a pic. Im probably just making more of this then what it is but like I say this is pretty new to me.