Screenshots of peoples Droid desktops?

pennypritty1

Reaction score
Stigy (and any other savvy Droid'er)

At some point, shouldn't I worry about space on my Droid, using all of these apps? I can't remember the exact amount, but I believe the hard drive of the Droid (w/o card) isn't all that big... only in megabytes...correct?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score

At some point, shouldn't I worry about space on my Droid, using all of these apps? I can't remember the exact amount, but I believe the hard drive of the Droid (w/o card) isn't all that big... only in megabytes...correct?
You have 256mb I believe. I have LOTS of apps installed and haven't come close yet. Most apps are less than 2mb. In fact most are less than 1mb. So you could easily fit 120 apps if they were all 2mb and since most are less, you could probably fit like 150+ apps on the thing. So don't worry, I don't think you'll run into any issues.

Also, please note that even when the APP is in the 256mb space, they usually store their larger files on the SD card so they don't waste space.

pennypritty1

Reaction score

pennypritty1

Reaction score
You have 256mb I believe. I have LOTS of apps installed and haven't come close yet. Most apps are less than 2mb. In fact most are less than 1mb. So you could easily fit 120 apps if they were all 2mb and since most are less, you could probably fit like 150+ apps on the thing. So don't worry, I don't think you'll run into any issues.

Also, please note that even when the APP is in the 256mb space, they usually store their larger files on the SD card so they don't waste space.

Ahhhh! Brilliant! Thank you, gardobus. :) This is definitely good to know 'cuz I never actually looked at the size of the apps, just started downloading from recommendations on the forum. And they are so helpful, I'm going app-crazeee!! :)

Did I say how much I love this forum and the helpful information posted here? ;)

dandanaka

Reaction score
what is that widget that shows the large format time and weather information ?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
dandanaka said:
The time/weather app on the main (middle) screen is Weather Widgets - Donate app linked in my post in this thread.

already been posted.

You can also try Beautiful Widgets which has a similar clock/weather widget as well as some toggles.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Garrett, I want these on my screens but I don't have them in my tools... I'm assuming these are apps you added... did you get them through market or do I search for them via Google?

there both free in the marketplace.... once there installed just press and hold on the screen you want to place them on... then a menu will come up and give you several options choose "Widgets" then it will give you a list of installed widgets. tap on the ones you just installed.

if you want to move them to a different place on the screen simple press and hold on the widget then when you feel a small vibrate from your phone simply slide your finger to where you want them. you can drag them from screen to screen if you need/want to.

dandanaka

Reaction score
dandanaka said:
The time/weather app on the main (middle) screen is Weather Widgets - Donate app linked in my post in this thread.

already been posted.

You can also try Beautiful Widgets which has a similar clock/weather widget as well as some toggles.

thanks for the reply. will trye them out

ironosity

Reaction score
Just a FYI...Today's Open Home (FULL, not sure about lite) update adds (fixed) the ability to take screen shots again. It even allows you to set it to the camera button to make it really easy. then it save the screen shot in the root directory of the sd card. I wish it would let you tell it where to save it. Oh well, it's just nice to beable to take screen captures again!
For kicks I've included my home screen :)
screenshot_ironosity.png

RedRocker

Reaction score
Well, ignorant is closer to the truth. Just got my droid, I came from
a regular flip phone, so I'm in the dark about a lot of how all this works.
I'll get there, just need to read a lot more stuff on this board.:)

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am glad to see someone like pennypritty1 on here. She is not one of the normal tech geeks like most of us and is on here asking questions and learning on how to make the most of her droid.

This forum is great.