Screenshots of peoples Droid desktops?

Bilgediver

Reaction score
i rooted my phone yesterday so i guess i really need to learn a lot.

Garrett

First step make a backup before you do anything else. So if you want to get back to stock it's every easier.

now i search how to do that and i still dont understand that fully. there is so much lingo that i dont understand.

Garrett

lol that's half the problem with so many users here. They use lingo back and forth without saying exactly what it means to "noobs"..

when people say a backup, they usually mean what's called a "nandroid" backup. Now that you have root, you can install a custom recovery, which can allow you to have a "bootup" menu to allow for some really root-level features, like flashing a custom ROM, flashing a custom kernel, or doing a "nandroid backup". I currently am running ClockworkMOD Recovery that I obtained from installing ROM Manager on my phone. ROM manager can be obtained from the Android market.

To perform a nandroid backup, make sure you have the custom recovery flashed on your phone, and be sure you reboot your phone into recovery mode. It should be fairly easy to figure out how to do that once you have root, many root user apps on the market have features that allow you to do just that. Once in recovery, you can select "nandroid", and select backup. Make sure your phone has enough battery because when its in recovery mode or booting, your phone will NOT charge!

billjohnson

Reaction score

Garrett

First step make a backup before you do anything else. So if you want to get back to stock it's every easier.

now i search how to do that and i still dont understand that fully. there is so much lingo that i dont understand.

Garrett

Thanks to Bil who got your questions answered for me! I would have said basically the same stuff. However, if you need any help at all - hit me up on my GTalk as I'm on 24/7. Obviously I only answer if I'm awake though....:icon_ banana:

[email protected]

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score

Garrett

Thanks to Bil who got your questions answered for me! I would have said basically the same stuff. However, if you need any help at all - hit me up on my GTalk as I'm on 24/7. Obviously I only answer if I'm awake though....:icon_ banana:

[email protected]

GTalk?

Garrett

Bilgediver

Reaction score

Garrett

[email protected]
No biggie, I saw his questions before I saw your reply. Its whats great about this forum though, more than enough people are willing to step in and help someone else out!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

Garrett

Garrett

I suggest making an advanced nandroid backup. It allows you to name the backup that way you don't get them confused if you have more than one. And if you do an advanced nandroid restore, it allows you to pick which one you restore but you can use a simple nandroid restore even if you did an advanced nandroid backup. It just restores the last backup that was created

jbdavies

Reaction score
Hey jbdavies can you please post the wallpaper? Thanks in advance.
Uhhh.... lol unfortunately I just deleted it... from my phone and computer. :/ Sorry.

I just did a search on Google and then modified it to my liking for my background.

shmoo

Reaction score

Garrett

I suggest making an advanced nandroid backup. It allows you to name the backup that way you don't get them confused if you have more than one. And if you do an advanced nandroid restore, it allows you to pick which one you restore but you can use a simple nandroid restore even if you did an advanced nandroid backup. It just restores the last backup that was created

I also found that you can go into your nandroid folder using your favorite file manager that you can rename it there as well

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jbdavies

Reaction score
snap20101103_204852.png

snap20101103_204856.png

Minor change of the icons...

snap20101103_232319.png

Last edited:

pattyk999

Reaction score
Hi, I just added Launcher Pro and my Calendar Icon disappeared from my screen. There's no trace of any app or widget at all. I can't remember the name of it. Do you know the name of the calendar square in your 3rd screen shot, it says "no upcoming calendar events". I cannot find this app anywhere. Can you help??
Thank you!
Patty

pattyk999

Reaction score
Name of your calendar on last screenshot?

Hi, could you tell me the name of the calendar app for the large rectangle on your last screenshot? It shows Sat 26 and Dec 31 New Years Eve. I had the app and it disappeared. I can't remember its name!
Thank you,
Patty

pattyk999

Reaction score
What is the name of your calendar app?

Mine:
DroidPorsche.jpg

From this image:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/sethmo38/Randoms/3232766774_b6d8af2e26_b.jpg

Wish you could take a pic of all three screens in one shot.

Let me try this again! Hi, I just added Launcher Pro and my Calendar Icon disappeared from my screen. There's no trace of any app or widget at all. I can't remember the name of it. Do you know the name of the calendar square in your 3rd screen shot, it says "no upcoming calendar events". I cannot find this app anywhere. Can you help??
Thank you!
Patty