1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

screenshot

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by imgrtful, Jun 19, 2011.

1. imgrtful

imgrtful New Member

is there an app that takes screenshots of your droid without being rooted.i know the iphone does this and i can do it using drocap if i root.but as of now,im staying unrooted.no benifit to root as of yet for me.tried it and it isnt as good as the d1 was.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Not to my knowledge. I can't understand it either, it seems to me that it wouldn't be that difficult to come up with.

Then again, I'm not a developer. But if they can make an app that can tell me what song is playing on my stereo 3 rooms away, provide lyrics and videos for that song how difficult can it be?
  3. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

The SDK installation on your PC will enable you to take screenshots while your phone is connected via USB.
    Also check out MyPhoneExplorer... screenshots while connected via USB, but no SDK installation required.
    The Gingerbread release exposes the SurfaceFlinger screenshot API so that no root privilege is required, but I don't see any apps that use this very new API yet.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Impressive app. Says it will sync Outlook, Thunderbird Sunbird and Lotus Notes! Didn't say anything specific about screen shot, but I'll take your word for it.

Seems to be PC only however. Still if you have a Mac running Windows I suppose you could mount via virtual machine or by using boot camp.
  5. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

My screenshot using MyPhoneExplorer:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.
Search tags for this page
can ypu screen shot on the droid x2
droid x2 screen shot

droid x2 screenshot

how do you take a screenshot on a x2
how to screen show on droid x2
how to screenshot on my droid x2
how to take a screenshot with a droid x2
how you you take a screen ahot on a droid x2
motorola droid x2 screenshots
x2 screenshot