Screenshot app?

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And why dont we have an app for non-rooted users? And I mean an app that will let me cap any screen and not just homescreens like Home++.

OP
Q

qoncept

Reaction score
worst UI? you pick which way you want it to cap...pick notification...open notification bar and tap the trigger. boom, screenshot. what more do you need?

or you could always just keep crying about something you already have the solution to..
Yeah, worst UI. You obviously just don't get where I'm coming from so, seriously, your input is not at all needed.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
drocap2 doesn't even really have a UI.....and it doesn't need one for what it is

OP
Q

qoncept

Reaction score
Jesus, why must everyone argue with me? I already said the app sucks and if you don't agree you never will (it's a fundamental difference in our opinions of what an app should be like), but I'll humor you.

#1) Fact: I don't like drocap2. I asked if there's another option. If there is, you can be helpful by telling me. Trying to convince me I should like drocap2 is a waste of time.

#2) I just opened drocap2. Here is what I see:
A button that says "Start"
Randomly placed text that says "ShakeTrig" Why? I get that you can take a screenshot by shaking it. What does "ShakeTrig" indicate?
A greyed out button that says "Cancel"

If I click start, it starts beeping and counting. The beeps seem like they should be coinciding with the counting, but they are completely irregular and useless. Counting to what? Who knows. If I push the camera button, it'll take a screenshot. If I shake it, it might take a screenshot.

My timer is at 89 now, and nothing has happened.

I clicked on Menu->Info, and I see the guy barely speaks english. That's fine, but when you make your app 100% unintuitive, being able to explain how it works is important. In the info, there is no indication of why it says "ShakeTrig." It says it'll take a screenshot if you "wait for timer," but it gives no indication of how long that takes. It also says "You can also make a capture trigger from Notification bar." What the hell does that mean?

In the settings, I see there is a "Capture mode" option, with shake, timer and notification options. Mine is set to shake, so why is the timer running?

All of these ambiguity and ugly design would be passable, but half the time the screenshot ends up looking like a different screen than I'm looking at when I take the shot. I might be able to figure out why if it wasn't a terribly written app, but I can't even tell how it's supposed to work.

So I'll ask again. Is there another screenshot app that works on the Droid?

transfigure

Reaction score
I'm using an app (again, for rooted phones) called ShootMe. It's free, and it does the same thing - launch the app, click start, and then as long as it is running, a sustained shake will take a screenshot (with shutter noise). Seems to work just fine.

Reaction score
Is drocap2 still the only app that will take screenshots on a Droid? I hope not because it sucks.

do you even have a rooted phone? maybe it's you that sucks? drocap2 is the only screencapper i use and it works perfectly everytime.

2ld9eh0.jpg

yea that screenshot really sucks...

:clap:

I like your wallpaper. Very cool :)

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
well theres an APP I found I think is better than the other n easy to use very . its called PicMe (screen grabber) you open the program , it gives you a link to connect to on your PC then your screenshots appear there n you drag them onto your desktop . done . get it here :

chart

its awesome and easy to use also only for rooted users . DROID X user stock rooted

Last edited: