Screenshot App

melmel82

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a free screen shot app?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

SEGA

Reaction score
As far as I know, you have to be rooted in order to get an app for it.

You can do it this way if your not rooted:

[video=youtube;8Ug3lIN-r9o]http://www.youtube.com/embed/8Ug3lIN-r9o"]YouTube - How to Screen Capture your Android Phone?[/video]

OP
M

melmel82

Reaction score
II just watched some it from my phone....waiting for my boyfriend to wake up so I can get on the computer and try it! It looks like it might work! Hope so :)

Natey2

Reaction score
The MyPhoneExplorer app has an option to take screenshots. You don't need to be rooted, and you don't need to install the SDK. But you have to be connected via USB.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

bassjason

Reaction score
My Samsung Mesmerize (Fascinate) comes preloaded with a screen capture, unfortunately I haven't figure out how to use it yet, I accidentaly do it on occasion.

BlackHitachi

Reaction score
No Root Screenshot It

No Root Screenshot It

Not the most ideal way to take screenshots for unrooted users, but it's the best alternative there is. It requires connecting to a computer every time the phone is restarted for the app to be enabled, after which you can disconnect and take screenshots whenever you want until you restart again. Very interesting approach.
--​
"No Root Screenshot It" is an application that lets you take screenshots of your phone. This application works on ALL phones except Honeycomb. Root is NOT required.
This application is for those users who need to take screenshots, but don't have root access to their phones.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING:
This application will instruct you to download and install a free desktop application on your Windows or Mac. Once installed, you must run the desktop application with your phone attached to your computer. This will enable screenshots on your phone.
Once you've done this, you can disconnect your phone and take screenshots whenever you want. However, every time you restart your phone, you'll have to connect it to your computer and run the desktop application again. If you restart your phone frequently, this app may not be for you, as it may prove to be too inconvenient.
Your phone will NOT be rooted or temp-rooted in any way. No system files on your phone will be altered.
FEATURES:
- Take a screenshot of your phone's screen
- Save as a jpg or png file, and share anywhere
- Crop screenshots
- Screen shot status bar button
- Shake to screen shot
- Delayed screenshot timer
- "Share" menu integration
- Custom save directory
- Works on ALL devices, except Honeycomb