Screens went blank! Icons are lost!

isitkiller

Reaction score
Hi,

Yesterday, suddenly I lost my screen icons, all I see is the wallpaper.
I powered down and up again, all came back. Then again it was all gone
after I placed it on the cradle and used again.

I then removed the battery and replaced. It seems to have come back, not sure
how long it will last?

Anyone with same issue? Any resolution without having to power on/off?

dansbak

Reaction score
I had the same problem

I had installed several apps, but one that sticks out is "Mobile Defense". I restarted my Droid and my home screen had no icons. I freaked out. The notifications bar and the applications buttons (had icons) still worked. The Mobile Defense pop-up screen asked me to complete. I did and restarted my Droid for the second time and all is fine.
-Kyle

zigzags559

Reaction score
Hi,

how long it will last?

Maybe a reboot/recovery might work, if you had your info and apps backed up. That's what I'm thinking.

brew73

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with the display. No icons. Everything else appears to work. The reboot/ restart only works sometimes, and always only works for a while.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I had this happen about an hour ago when I put it in the car dock - except a few icons that I had put on the desktop today were still there. Everything else was missing.

Rebooting the phone seemed to put it back to normal.

mudpro69

Reaction score
Reboot the phone, the same thing happened to me when I was running a 2.1 ROM...

pockets

Reaction score
Mobile defense made mine act funny...its a great app concept but I think it has to much control over the phone. Id uninstall and see if problem persists

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
there are other threads here covering this issue. Hasn't happened to me since I rooted. Happened 3 times on my phone after I got it replaced before rooting. Sometimes it came back after sleep mode, other times after a reboot. Store rep blamed it on my wallpaper...said they might be behind it. First time I remade them. Days later the originals came back...stacked on top of the newly made ones.

pjo1966

Reaction score
I saw this happen on Friday after spending the morning in a facility with no Verizon signal. I spent most of the time there in airport mode, but did try to connect to the local wi-fi first. Ever since then, I've seen this, as well as other problems. I also don't always see notifications for Twidroid, and apps have been opening up in the background - similar to the problem in the sticky note, but different in the way that I'll end them using Advanced Task Manager, hit refresh, and dozens will instantly be open again.

kreick

Reaction score
had same issue......possible fix?

I started having the same issue on my VZW motorola droid today.. every time i sat my phone in a cradle all my home page icons dissappeared & returned after roboot.
All i did was to change my animated wallpaper to a different one... i was using the "floating leaves" wallpaper & changed to a colorful clounds one. & i have not had the incedednt since.......

hockeydroid

Reaction score
Hi,

how long it will last?

I had the same thing happen last night. I don't remember what I was doing at the time. I rebooted the Droid with the power button and everything came back.

This only happened once.