screen

Derek32

Reaction score
Screen scratch easily? Or will I be okay to take off the screen protector. I can't stand the protector its one of those anti reflection ones and its rough not smooth. I like the screens. Better when they are smooth

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't take the screen protector off of my Droid, but that's just me...some people do and I have heard the glass is very resistant to scratches but in no way is it scratch proof

Druuseph

Reaction score
Screen scratch easily? Or will I be okay to take off the screen protector. I can't stand the protector its one of those anti reflection ones and its rough not smooth. I like the screens. Better when they are smooth

You should be fine if you take the protector off, the tolerance that most new screens have is fairly high, unless you are actively trying to scratch it chances are you are not going to. The one thing I am usually mindful of is just putting my keys in the opposite pocket that my phone is in just in case but even then the normal bumping of the two items more than likely would not do any damage to to screen.

danwanna

Reaction score
I never had a protector on my original Droid and won't use one on my Droid 2. I had my D1 from 1 week after launch until about 3 weeks ago and never got a single scratch on the screen. I had a few on the bezel around the screen but the screen looked as good as the day I bought it.

I've had protectors on past WinMo phones but they have always annoyed me because no matter how careful I was putting them on, I could still see small bubbles or imperfections.

want a droid

Reaction score
I like using screen protectors because they make using the touch screen easier. The screen is a lot smoother and your fingers glide easier with a protector on.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I prefer a screen protector so when it comes time to upgrade and sell my phone I still have a pristine screen to advertise

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dropped my D1 about 10 times or so...usually on asphalt or concrete, usually landed/skidded face down, and never had even the slightest scratch or damage to the screen. Gorilla glass is just amazing...the D1/D2 are the only phones I've ever owned where I have not and will not use a screen protector. For me, completely unnecessary.

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
Okay thanks im goint to leave it off. Now im sure u guys have seen my post on mt battery problems so I went to verizon today. They had the pphone for an hour then gave it back to me with the advanced task killer on it and said that my battery was dying from havingno task killer

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon is nuts...I have no advanced task killer, never used one, battery lasts fine.

Chesapeake

Reaction score
Scratch!

I love love love my Motorola Droid. I actually just had to get a replacement sent to me because something was going screwy with the operating system. But I am so thoroughly peeved :icon_evil: because I JUST got the new one and now, a week later, there's a SCRATCH on the screen. I have been super easy on the phone, not even letting it touch the zipper on my purse or anything. So I have no idea how the scratch got there. But it's smack in the middle and quite annoying. So much for my trust in the Gorilla glass. On the one I sent back I had always used screen protectors.
I guess this is what I get for going naked.
Naked, and bummed now.