screen wont rotate

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Malvado, Nov 12, 2009.

1. BostonMurray

BostonMurray New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys, the point here is that people are having orientation problems with APPs, not just the home page.

My web browser is stuck in Landscape mode. I’ve tried to force quit the browser, restart, etc. Nothing is working.

Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +15
    it happenend to me once but i just turned off my phone then back on and it seemed to fix it

3. KoalBenson

KoalBenson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  4. Snake3433

Snake3433 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got the droid yesterday and the home screen would go landscape i makes me mad that people say that it isnt capable of doing this, that is just bull. Shortly after getting the phone i got a message that said to update so i did, went to bed and now today i wont rotate at the home screen and even in the quick search function which is ridiculous because i like to use the landscape keyboard, so i think today i might take a trip back to verizon and see what they can do and maybe even get a new phone we'll see....

5. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The phone may have rotated with the original version of Android 2.0, but with the update that all the Droid's have on them now (2.0.1), you are not able to rotate the homescreen without opening the keyboard. Verizon will tell you the same thing and each replacement Droid you get will do the same thing. What I'm trying to say is...don't waste your time.

6. Snake3433

Snake3433 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ughhh alright thank you for saving me the time and gas going out there. i just dont get why they would take a good feature away, now having my new phone in my car dock my friends can ask why doesn't it rotate? and ill just have to say idk....

7. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you have the Motorola card dock, the magnets should put it into navigation mode and then you should be able to use landscape mode. Most apps allow landscape mode as well, it's just the stupid homescreen that no longer rotates without the keyboard being open. It would be nice to have the option to choose which you prefer, and I have heard others say the same. Let's hope Google adds this option down the road with future updates.

8. Dom87SS

Dom87SS New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i bought my droid last night and was auto rotating. and i thought it might have been a certain app i loaded today. so i did a search on here, and look what i find.

it does not auto rotate now, but i am 100% certain it did this last night. because i was showing a iphone user some of the features of the phone. that being one.

9. Fairfax Droid

Fairfax Droid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On the issue of auto-rotate, I have the car docking station for my Motorola Droid and usually have the map/traffic displayed in landscape mode. Sometimes, when I hit a small bump, the map will go into portrait mode, even through the Droid is in a landscape orientation.

It may take 5 to 10 seconds for the phone/map to return to landscape mode. This is annoying. Does this happen to others? Any comments?

10. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +17
    As was answered in your other post, The accelerometer is being tricked but the sudden jolt into thinking the phone was rotated.....

11. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +15
    for those of you who say it doesnt rotate, i finally have proof that it did auto rotate

[​IMG]

12. Ceh000

Ceh000 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes.. and I am sitting next to my uncle at this very second and looking at his Droid.. and his screen will auto rotate and mine will not. We got them and activated them at the exact same time.

Search tags for this page
android gallery won't rotate
android screen wont rotate
droid bionic wont rotate
droid razr screen won't rotate
droid screen won t rotate

droid screen wont rotate

motorola droid wont rotate
screen wont rotate android
why wont my droid x keypad rotate
why wont my phone rotate