screen wont rotate

Dream

Reaction score
I had this problem last night, I just turned the phone off then back on and it fixed it. Now im having issues with folders not opening.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I had this problem last night, I just turned the phone off then back on and it fixed it. Now im having issues with folders not opening.
i already tried turning it off and it still wouldnt work

dsegundo

Reaction score
It used to orientate. Even when it was locked in would but mine is doing the same thing. My friend from Verizon is looking into it right now.

DaHarder

Reaction score
i think its not working because i had DOCKRUNNER APP installed and then uninstalled it im gonna try a reset

Out of curiosity I installed DockRunnner (even though I already have the hard dock), and it crashed my DROID - HARD!

After uninstalling it and resetting, all's smooth sailing once again.

Stigy

Reaction score
I think its funny that it used to work for everyone and now all of a sudden it just suddenly stopped working for everyone.

My TMobile G1 never did this automatically and AFAIK its not designed to auto-rotate the home screen in Android 2.0 either...

DaHarder

Reaction score
Whoa! You guys are 100% correct...

My DROID H/S used to rotate as well, and now - NOT!

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid did rotate when it was first launched, but there was some sort of update sent out to our phones that changed this.

joegrind

Reaction score
The Droid did rotate when it was first launched, but there was some sort of update sent out to our phones that changed this.

They can DO that? Without your knowledge? I'm sorry but the Droid is my first Smart phone and I thought any updates/ OTA etc you would be notified that there is an update available...or notified that you were updated. Where can I find this in my phone...that an update occurred?

And like others, my phone would rotate based on screen rotation and stopped ever since I first put it in the car dock and multi-media station.

I think this is a bug than them actually preventing the orientation...why would the option to automatically change orientation be given in the display settings?

Stigy

Reaction score
Where are you getting this information from? Without a source this is not credible information...

Any updates pushed out by Verizon OR Google must be approved by the end user. They cannot just push stuff to your phone without your knowledge. Until I find proof that the home screen did rotate when someone received the phone I am going to stick to my argument that stock Android (1.1, 1.5, 1.6, 2.0) builds DO NOT have the functionality to allow the home screen to rotate using the STOCK launcher. Once I see proof of this occurring in the stock Launcher then I will believe it, but I have gone through 2 Android phones and been with the dev community a while and the home screen has never auto-rotated based on orientation.

vonfink13

Reaction score
my home screen DID rotate until i used a new wallpaper..that is when it stopped...i am assuming that if i went back to the stock screen..it would once again rotate... for now, i prefer my shelves full of red skulls wallpaper over having it rotate....

Stigy

Reaction score
my home screen DID rotate until i used a new wallpaper..that is when it stopped...i am assuming that if i went back to the stock screen..it would once again rotate... for now, i prefer my shelves full of red skulls wallpaper over having it rotate....
If you go back to the stock wallpaper and it does in fact auto-rotate please take a video and post it up...

vonfink13

Reaction score
just tried it and it does not work anymore...i could be very wrong..but i swore that thing rotated....maybe i am goin loco....back to the skulls....

joegrind

Reaction score
Where are you getting this information from? Without a source this is not credible information...

Any updates pushed out by Verizon OR Google must be approved by the end user. They cannot just push stuff to your phone without your knowledge. Until I find proof that the home screen did rotate when someone received the phone I am going to stick to my argument that stock Android (1.1, 1.5, 1.6, 2.0) builds DO NOT have the functionality to allow the home screen to rotate using the STOCK launcher. Once I see proof of this occurring in the stock Launcher then I will believe it, but I have gone through 2 Android phones and been with the dev community a while and the home screen has never auto-rotated based on orientation.

Sorry...didn't take videos of everything the Droid did when I first unboxed it...darn it. But it's also strange that many are saying this....that it was rotating...are they all going crazy?
The Droid obviously is able to rotate in the home screen....when in the car dock and MMS...so they purposefully prevented this when NOT in the dock?....that is strange indeed.