Screen Wont Lock

zyger

Reaction score
Today when I woke up and took my phone off the charger, it would not lock when i hit the power/lock button. The screen turns off but when i press it to unlock it, it automatically goes to the homescreen, skipping the unlock process.

Last night, for the first time, i put my phone on sleep mode while it was charging so idk if that was a cause for something or not. Also when I looked up this issue earlier today, it said stuff about the spare parts app, but I never had it downloaded prior to today and i tried every idea i saw on those. So really I have no idea whats wrong and I would greatly appreciate any help solving this problem!

pendetim

Reaction score
Same Issue with Unlock Slider

Today when I woke up and took my phone off the charger, it would not lock when i hit the power/lock button. The screen turns off but when i press it to unlock it, it automatically goes to the homescreen, skipping the unlock process.

Same issue here. Upgraded to 2.3 OTA last week. All worked well.
Last night I put my X2 in sleep mode however this is not the first time I left it in sleep mode over night. This AM got up and plugged in charger while in sleep mode. A while later, phone turned itself on in "AirPlane" mode. I did not turn on the phone, it did it all by itself!

I turned power off/on and then went to settings to get out of airplane mode.

Then I noticed just pressing the menu key brings me directly into the active home screen: the Unlock slider is missing. I never had a password on the screen and don't want one.

Battery pull did not fix it.

The last app I installed was the Amazon Daily Free App notifier. That was yesterday AM.

Any wise people out there know how to get the unlock slider back?

ELH

Reaction score
I had this problem pre-GB after ruthlessly clearing data from bunch of apps. Researched it and the only solution I found was a factory reset. Did it and it worked. Sorry for that bad news...