Screen Wont Lock

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Tech Support' started by zyger, Aug 7, 2011.

1. zyger

zyger New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Today when I woke up and took my phone off the charger, it would not lock when i hit the power/lock button. The screen turns off but when i press it to unlock it, it automatically goes to the homescreen, skipping the unlock process.

Last night, for the first time, i put my phone on sleep mode while it was charging so idk if that was a cause for something or not. Also when I looked up this issue earlier today, it said stuff about the spare parts app, but I never had it downloaded prior to today and i tried every idea i saw on those. So really I have no idea whats wrong and I would greatly appreciate any help solving this problem!

2. pendetim

pendetim New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same Issue with Unlock Slider

Same issue here. Upgraded to 2.3 OTA last week. All worked well.
    Last night I put my X2 in sleep mode however this is not the first time I left it in sleep mode over night. This AM got up and plugged in charger while in sleep mode. A while later, phone turned itself on in "AirPlane" mode. I did not turn on the phone, it did it all by itself!

I turned power off/on and then went to settings to get out of airplane mode.

Then I noticed just pressing the menu key brings me directly into the active home screen: the Unlock slider is missing. I never had a password on the screen and don't want one.

Battery pull did not fix it.

The last app I installed was the Amazon Daily Free App notifier. That was yesterday AM.

Any wise people out there know how to get the unlock slider back?

3. ELH

ELH Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem pre-GB after ruthlessly clearing data from bunch of apps. Researched it and the only solution I found was a factory reset. Did it and it worked. Sorry for that bad news...

Search tags for this page

android screen wont lock

droid x2 no lock screen
droid x2 screen lock no password

droid x2 screen wont lock

lg spectrum screen wont lock
my android wont go to lock screen
my android wont lock
my phone wont lock
time/ date not showing up on missing slide lock screen droid
why wont my home screen lock on my android phone