Screen wobble - how much do you guys have?

m42technic

Reaction score
So this has been bugging me, but I wanted to try and gauge how much this issue may or may not be an inherent condition.

Basically, with the phone closed: if you press on the left side of the screen, do you get much play or wobble? With the keyboard extended, does the screen have much play?

Mine seems to have loosened up to the point where if I press on most of the left of the screen (top left in particular) there seems to be a physical detent because of my screen pushing down against the rest of the phone body.

Thanks for your input guys!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine has pretty much zero give, open or closed...

ibevsop

Reaction score
$%IT dont wobble

Heh ha, how hard are you pressing? Seriously though, maybe try and have it replaced, if its moving under any pressure you would apply to your screen, knowing that none is required.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
No play in mine at all, I've had it since 11/06

plutonium0587

Reaction score
When I press on the left side of my screen I get a little give too. The whole top slider part moves up and down.

LT*

Reaction score
My D1 was very loose once I pulled off the protective plastic behind the screen. I replaced that with a Graphix sticker and now it's fine. My wife's D2 has no play in it at all. Although I never removed the plastic on hers.

OP
M

m42technic

Reaction score
When I press on the left side of my screen I get a little give too. The whole top slider part moves up and down.

Hmm, maybe we're just a little more OCD than most people? lol. I really don't have to press down hard to get it to happpen though. The phone just feels kinda rickety in my hand becuse of this, and my D1 felt like a rock comparatively.

I might go into the VZW store and see what they say about it, especially if most of you guys are saying your sliders/screens are rock solid.

OP
M

m42technic

Reaction score
My D1 was very loose once I pulled off the protective plastic behind the screen. I replaced that with a Graphix sticker and now it's fine. My wife's D2 has no play in it at all. Although I never removed the plastic on hers.

Just to clarify, Im not talking so much about play in the detents that keep the slider all the way open or closed, Im talking about the screen part of the phone moving up and down against the phone body.

LT*

Reaction score

Just to clarify, Im not talking so much about play in the detents that keep the slider all the way open or closed, Im talking about the screen part of the phone moving up and down against the phone body.

Yep, I know what you're talking about. Mine was so bad you could hear the two parts of the phone clicking together when I hit the left side of the screen. It was as noticeable with the plastic there, but once I removed it, it got exponentially worse.

OP
M

m42technic

Reaction score

Yep, I know what you're talking about. Mine was so bad you could hear the two parts of the phone clicking together when I hit the left side of the screen. It was as noticeable with the plastic there, but once I removed it, it got exponentially worse.

Hm, I suppose I'll go ahead and order a GrafiXpressions rear overlay and see what happens. :)

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So this has been bugging me, but I wanted to try and gauge how much this issue may or may not be an inherent condition.

Basically, with the phone closed: if you press on the left side of the screen, do you get much play or wobble? With the keyboard extended, does the screen have much play?

Mine seems to have loosened up to the point where if I press on most of the left of the screen (top left in particular) there seems to be a physical detent because of my screen pushing down against the rest of the phone body.

Thanks for your input guys!

The screen part of my Droid2 is tight and it slides in and out with a nice click. Today I went to the Verizon store with my girlfriend to get her the DX or D2. Well they were out of DX so she went with the D2. The first one she got had lots of screen wobble as you call it. It was just not the left side, was the whole top half of phone. We returned it as soon as I noticed it, was the first thing I noticed. The gap between keyboard and screen part of phone was also much bigger than the space on my phone...
It would bother me so much and I would just return it...