screen wiggle (video)

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by hyperlite456, Dec 17, 2009.

1. hyperlite456

hyperlite456 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I've always noticed a very small wiggle since I got the droid on November 7th (hardly noticeable), but since I've dropped it one time I noticed it wiggles a little more. Or maybe I'm just over analyzing since I dropped it. Do your droids wiggle or make the clicking noise? I just hope it doesn't get worse.

2. Twoo

Twoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I never had any wiggle whatsoever. To be honest, I'd recommend exchanging the phone or buying the Seidio case, which tightens the slide and would take care of that problem.

3. vonfink13

vonfink13 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    mine does not do that...if it did...i would take it back...it is probably only going to get worse..i see people on here taking there droids back to verizon for all kinds of things and they dont seem to have any trouble getting a replacement...i ythink you would qualify..

4. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just jumping in as well... mine does not do that either. I actually exchanged my first droid that I got on launch day because it had the issue with not turning the screen back on when it was pulled away from my face (actually blanked the screen as soon as I started a call). They exchanged it with no questions asked. I'd see if they'll exchange yours if I were you.

5. hyperlite456

hyperlite456 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. The only thing is I got the droid on the 7th and its been far over 1 month. Can I get it replaced for free or do I have to pay 50-100 bucks with insurance?

6. vonfink13

vonfink13 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    most have been saying that they are using a verizon/motorola 1 year warranty that came with the phone..i think the 30 day was more of a satisfaction with the droid itself kinda thing...

7. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If the phone was bought at a Best Buy, I am assuming it would have to go back to the same Best Buy. Is that correct? Mine does this same thing.

8. vonfink13

vonfink13 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    i copied this from the BB return policy webpage:

Best Buy Store Exchange and Return Policy

We understand that exchanging and returning products is often a frustrating experience, but Best Buy strives to make the process a simple and straightforward one. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, we will gladly help you to exchange or return your product, when it falls within the guidelines below.

To exchange or return an item purchased in one of our stores, please bring the item to any Best Buy store and our customer service representatives will be happy to help you.

and here is the page..

BestBuy.com Help

so..it looks like you can take it to any BB..but maybe give a call first...

9. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thanks for finding that! I have already gone through a couple of Droids for other hardware issues, but I have enjoyed this phone too much to give up on it. My first Droid had a letter on the hard keyboard that did not work. My second Droid had dust all under the screen. Now my third Droid has a very wiggly screen. Damn my luck.

10. Veedo

Veedo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    mine DOES do that. my first one didnt, second one does. never been dropped, etc. it has done it since it came out of the box. its tighter than my first one when closed though.

11. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not only does mine wiggle like in the video above, but I can also push the screen down when the phone is closed (almost like the screen on the Blackberry Storm).

12. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since it has been more than 30 days since I purchased the phone at Best Buy, wouldn't this problem be on Motorola and their one year warranty now instead of Best Buy and their 30 day return window? Anyone know how that works with their mobile dept?