Screen went white?

choklitcow

Reaction score
Hey all,

A little worried. Was sitting watching tv and when I hit the power button the screen was white (well, not a solid white because of the screen, but white). Did a battery pull and it is remaining white. Has anyone heard of this issue?

I had unlocked my bootloader and rooted, but never flashed any custom roms, overclocked, nothing.

I'm going through the process of unrooting and getting everything back to stock now, but the problem is I can't see the screen. Fortunately I have been able to do most through the command prompt with fastboot, but I'm not going to be able to lock the phone because I can't see it. Does anyone have any pics how far down I have to go to click start and hit the lock switch?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey all,

A little worried. Was sitting watching tv and when I hit the power button the screen was white (well, not a solid white because of the screen, but white). Did a battery pull and it is remaining white. Has anyone heard of this issue?

I had unlocked my bootloader and rooted, but never flashed any custom roms, overclocked, nothing.

I'm going through the process of unrooting and getting everything back to stock now, but the problem is I can't see the screen. Fortunately I have been able to do most through the command prompt with fastboot, but I'm not going to be able to lock the phone because I can't see it. Does anyone have any pics how far down I have to go to click start and hit the lock switch?

There are pictures here that might help you: How to: Unlock the Galaxy Nexus Bootloader – Droid Life

Good luck.

But if you can't see anything on the screen, then neither can Verizon - right?

OP
choklitcow

choklitcow

Reaction score
But if you can't see anything on the screen, then neither can Verizon - right?

Good point! What ended up happening was after I re-flashed the .img file, the phone rebooted on it's own and I could not get adb or fastboot to work again. I couldn't tell if the phone was boot-looping, at an activation screen or anything.

I took it in this morning and they looked at it for three seconds and ordered me a new one. Said they hadn't received any reports of things similar and I'd be getting a new one on Tuesday.

I think this was the first time I have had an electronics problem that I have not found anyone else with, so I am assuming I just got a fluke lemon.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Glad it's working out for you. I've never read of this issue anywhere else. Is it gratifying to be so unique??

Good luck with the next one.