Screen using 75% of battery?

thrgk

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just looked at battery in settings on my droid razr ics, and it is saying the screen is using 75% lol, and its on auto with the dim function selected. How can i fix this/ I did do 2 FDR's also

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The easiest way to explain it is this:

The screen is NOT using 75% of the battery. The 75% represents how much of the time on the battery the screen has been on. It means the screen has been on 75% of that time.

Does that make sense? :)

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
ah yes, so for some reason, the screen must be coming on when im not using it. Is there a setting i need to change? 75% is a lot, that is why my battery sucks.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, the screen is not coming on when you're not using it. You can set the screen timeout to be lower, I have mine set to 1 minute, after 1 minute of not using it the phone will "sleep".

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
according to a stop watch, and watching battery, it went from 82.5% to 79% in 4.2 minutse, that mean i will get 1.75hrs of battery life browsing the web, something is seriously wrong.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just looked at battery in settings on my droid razr ics, and it is saying the screen is using 75% lol, and its on auto with the dim function selected. How can i fix this/ I did do 2 FDR's also
Let me add my 2 cents worth: What that means is that of the total battery used when you checked it, 75% of it was used by your display. So, if you went from 100% battery charged to 90%, of that 10% decrease in battery, 7.5 can be attributed to your display. Turn your brightness now to about 30%, turn off auto, that is plenty bright if you're inside. If your outside and need a brighter screen then turn it up, but return it to 30% when you're finished. There are a number of toggles that will allow you to adjust display brightness without having to go into settings. Also, adjust your time out setting down to 1 min or better yer 30 seconds...if you can live with that.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
jpcalhoun said:
Let me add my 2 cents worth: What that means is that of the total battery used when you checked it, 75% of it was used by your display. So, if you went from 100% battery charged to 90%, of that 10% decrease in battery, 7.5 can be attributed to your display. Turn your brightness now to about 30%, turn off auto, that is plenty bright if you're inside. If your outside and need a brighter screen then turn it up, but return it to 30% when you're finished. There are a number of toggles that will allow you to adjust display brightness without having to go into settings. Also, adjust your time out setting down to 1 min or better yer 30 seconds...if you can live with that.

What he ^ said.

If you think about it you can't do anything on your phone without display. If your battery used 5% on Facebook 5% on G+ then your display just used 10% if that makes any sense. Its not really killing your battery its just always functions if you like it or not.

ddfuji

Reaction score
The easiest way to explain it is this:

The screen is NOT using 75% of the battery. The 75% represents how much of the time on the battery the screen has been on. It means the screen has been on 75% of that time.

Does that make sense? :)
not true

it doesn't affect it, i have tried this except at 15% all day. then i got a maxx and stopped worrying about this battery shenanigans with the screen. i remember some were moto/verizon confirmed it was a known bug.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
ddfuji said:
it doesn't affect it, i have tried this except at 15% all day. then i got a maxx and stopped worrying about this battery shenanigans with the screen. i remember some were moto/verizon confirmed it was a known bug.

Actually i was showing 75 - 80% display when i was set on auto, and i lowered that to 65 - 70% by setting brightness to 30% and timeout to 30 sec. But whether it changes the percentage or not, it will increase you're battery life.